Home

Why is nobody talking about this?

This is a discussion on Why is nobody talking about this? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-16-2016, 08:34 AM   #9
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Why is nobody talking about this?

Personally lowered the CPU RBK to 25, seems to have leveled this out. Since it's a vs CPU issue whether Offline or CFM (On/Off) didn't see much need to discuss because it's easily fixed.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 09-16-2016, 09:15 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
Personally lowered the CPU RBK to 25, seems to have leveled this out. Since it's a vs CPU issue whether Offline or CFM (On/Off) didn't see much need to discuss because it's easily fixed.
Every slider set I've used so far as had this issue. Doesn't seem to be a slider fix.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:26 AM   #11
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

I'm surprised I haven't seen more on here of when defensive players either pickup fumbles or on diving interceptions there's no chance at return. Play is whistled dead even though they were never touched. This isn't college!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 01:55 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I have noticed this many times from the CPU team; they fills holes to stop my run plays, but then my AI controlled players cannot stop their runs on a number of instances...

I know there are going to be holes at times that can be rather big and defenders do get blow up, but the way this happens in the game, as outlined in the AI, just looks bad; if the play was supposed to run for a large gain, it needs to look better, at least.
I've noticed the exact opposite. I gash the cpu with the run and theyre lucky if they average 3 ypc against me.

It all depends too much on play calling, what player you control, etc. To say this is a blanket ai issue.

I dont play h2h games much so I cant really comment there.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:20 PM   #13
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellred
I've noticed the exact opposite. I gash the cpu with the run and theyre lucky if they average 3 ypc against me.

It all depends too much on play calling, what player you control, etc. To say this is a blanket ai issue.

There's definitely some issues beyond playcalling. I saw some concerns with this in a few gameplay vids before release. I very rarely saw 90+ yard runs in Madden after they fixed the pursuit issues in this series. Now, I've seen 3 or 4 now in only about a dozen games on both All-Pro & now Madden level. The 2nd and 3rd lines of defense become non-existent and leaving too big of clearings for daylight. It's not really an issue with stopping the run in general, it's just that all of a sudden (and thus far, far too often) no one is in sight to even try to stop the RB.

It seems to be a mix of over pursuit and the blocking possibly being too OP. If you've been on the receiving or giving end of a 40+ yard run and only see the RB touched at the front of the line (if at all) and then no other defender is in sight, this might be the issue.

It's definitely something that needs to be looked into because it just seems like the defense just gets too OPed and suddenly a ridiculously long run is broken off with absolutely no one around him. I'm seeing this a bit more than usual.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:23 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
There's definitely some issues beyond playcalling. I saw some concerns with this in a few gameplay vids before release. I very rarely saw 90+ yard runs in Madden after they fixed the pursuit issues in this series. Now, I've seen 3 or 4 now in only about a dozen games on both All-Pro & now Madden level. The 2nd and 3rd lines of defense become non-existent and leaving too big of clearings for daylight. It's not really an issue with stopping the run in general, it's just that all of a sudden (and thus far, far too often) no one is in sight to even try to stop the RB.

It seems to be a mix of over pursuit and the blocking possibly being too OP. If you've been on the receiving or giving end of a 40+ yard run and only see the RB touched at the front of the line (if at all) and then no other defender is in sight, this might be the issue.

It's definitely something that needs to be looked into because it just seems like the defense just gets too OPed and suddenly a ridiculously long run is broken off with absolutely no one around him. I'm seeing this a bit more than usual.
That's football, that's the run game. Not every run is going to get 4.1 yards. You can most definetely get stuffed 10 straight runs and then bust off the big one. That's why you dont give up on it. The other team gets lulled to sleep.

If you gave up a 90 yard run it's more than likely you were being too aggressive with the play call because they were backed up with a cover 3 all out blitz or cover 0. There's little reason to not have two safties back when you have that much field to cover.

With all the issues with the cpu calling a horrible game I dont see this as an issue. I consistently blow up their run game most games.

Last edited by wellred; 09-16-2016 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:04 PM   #15
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellred

It doesn't happen alot, and I too, have been able to really stuff the CPU running game, but when it happens that the CPU does run for a big game, the AI just seems to lose all awareness of what is going on, and their logic just seems to short circuit, for a lack of a better term...This is what leads me to believe it is the game engine determining that there is gong to be a big gain, and then the AI not being able to play the visual result on the field properly...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2016, 12:57 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 6

This is definitely one of the most prominent deficiencies in the game right now.

Hellloooo EA.....please take a look at this.

It cannot be slidered away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »