Home

What Does Madden's AI Need to Do Better?

This is a discussion on What Does Madden's AI Need to Do Better? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2016, 04:18 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
I think a major flaw in Madden related to A.I. pursuit and tackling is defensive players running physics(specifically cpu controlled). Because of a lack of true running physics, Cpu defenders don't need slow down to make a takle. They just run full steam, with no weight to their movements like a heat seeking missle into the defender. In real football, if a runner is running towards them, defenders actually need to stop before they make a tackle. Its called "breaking down". Its a major flaw in terms of realistic pursuits, and tackling which impact offensive runners ability to realistically break or shake a tackle... Madden should grab a page from FIFA and NBA2K for this.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:25 PM   #10
Rookie

AI pursuit and tackling continued'

It would also make affect smarter players from one another. Great defenders are sound and discipline in their timing to breakq down to make tackles. Weaker defenders aren't as smart to in recognize how and when to break down. That's why players would switch to make the tackle with weaker defensive players. This would revolutionize Madden man!!
Old 09-23-2016, 09:30 PM   #11
Rookie

OL - DL Needs to controlled with L3 R3if only they could adapt some of 2K Sports Controlls - armes, shoulders ,stance, techniques should all have a effect
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 09:48 PM   #12
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: What Does Madden's AI Need to Do Better?

Playcalling. After experiencing custom playbooks for the A.I. makes a world of difference.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2016, 10:49 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 4

The biggest issue for me are the robo qbs. There is one streamlined way that they all play, regardless of their ratings. I'm in year 3 of my franchise, yet I can count the number of times they've scrambled on one hand.

I'd like to see qbs with high awareness ratings pick on scrub dbs like in real life, then me as the user, tries to counter this with double teams. I want dual threat qbs to take off and scramble and really put pressure of the defense(I have yet to call a qb spy in this game), I want gunslinger qbs to be aggressive throwing the ball, and I want average/scrub qbs to play like neither of the above.

The game lets you know if you knock out the ai's starting qb, but the backup plays with the exact same effectiveness with no drop off.

They rarely throw the ball away, and a lot of my sacks are coverage sacks. And it's not like I have a great secondary, but it's the ai qbs holding on to the ball for so long. I wouldn't mind the vision cone back, though I'm guessing I'm the only person that liked it lol.

I also think the ai is poor at running the ball still. I'm not sure how they can fix this, but the issue is that they run the ball 100% to the script, without trying to evade defenders. The only time I give up 50+ yards rushing is when they break a few lucky tackles and have a couple of massive runs.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:19 PM   #14
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
The biggest issue for me are the robo qbs. There is one streamlined way that they all play, regardless of their ratings. I'm in year 3 of my franchise, yet I can count the number of times they've scrambled on one hand.

I'd like to see qbs with high awareness ratings pick on scrub dbs like in real life, then me as the user, tries to counter this with double teams. I want dual threat qbs to take off and scramble and really put pressure of the defense(I have yet to call a qb spy in this game), I want gunslinger qbs to be aggressive throwing the ball, and I want average/scrub qbs to play like neither of the above.

The game lets you know if you knock out the ai's starting qb, but the backup plays with the exact same effectiveness with no drop off.

They rarely throw the ball away, and a lot of my sacks are coverage sacks. And it's not like I have a great secondary, but it's the ai qbs holding on to the ball for so long. I wouldn't mind the vision cone back, though I'm guessing I'm the only person that liked it lol.

I also think the ai is poor at running the ball still. I'm not sure how they can fix this, but the issue is that they run the ball 100% to the script, without trying to evade defenders. The only time I give up 50+ yards rushing is when they break a few lucky tackles and have a couple of massive runs.
Yeah we need tendencies. Would fix so much.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2016, 11:39 PM   #15
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

Playcalling as well as varying degrees of coach aggressiveness, running backs going out of bounds, improve QB scramble decision making, draft prospect decision making as well as draft trades. Also wouldn't mind difficulty levels applied to the draft and scouting. Make it hard for those of us who want a real challenge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 12:32 AM   #16
Rookie

every teams plays like the last all ai teams use the same playbook. the vikings play just like the patriots who play just like the colts. "coach suggestions are the same 8 plays as well

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »