Home

The fact that its almost October and we have no CFM Website or App is inexcusable

This is a discussion on The fact that its almost October and we have no CFM Website or App is inexcusable within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 07:48 AM   #33
Pro

gameface1324's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: The fact that its almost October and we have no CFM Website or App is inexcusable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
I haven't read any posts in this thread.
Then you have no context from which to make your "holier than thou" post from, do you?

Speaking of context, while we are at it, you realize this is Electronic freaking Arts, right? Not some backwoods dev making a companion app for a C title. Its one of the biggest annual games, and yes I can say "unacceptable" when it relates to ripping out a core feature (for me) that's been there for years, that I expected to be there when I paid for it.

All the big franchises, including others in EA, have had companion apps and website data scraping for years. There is no discernable reason for ripping it out just before launch without a backup plan in place. Again, its EA... Resource perspective.

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2016, 07:57 AM   #34
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: The fact that its almost October and we have no CFM Website or App is inexcusable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameface1324
Then you have no context from which to make your "holier than thou" post from, do you?

Speaking of context, while we are at it, you realize this is Electronic freaking Arts, right? Not some backwoods dev making a companion app for a C title. Its one of the biggest annual games, and yes I can say "unacceptable" when it relates to ripping out a core feature (for me) that's been there for years, that I expected to be there when I paid for it.

All the big franchises, including others in EA, have had companion apps and website data scraping for years. There is no discernable reason for ripping it out just before launch without a backup plan in place. Again, its EA... Resource perspective.

When has the companion app or any functionality like that been considered a "feature"? It's something they have added after the fact and not something that they have advertised as a selling point. Just be patient

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Old 09-29-2016, 08:00 AM   #35
Pro

gameface1324's Arena

OVR: 11

Just because it isn't advertised doesn't mean its not a feature. Its a feature if its in the game.

Jesus now I'm making EA puns.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 08:16 AM   #36
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameface1324
Just because it isn't advertised doesn't mean its not a feature. Its a feature if its in the game.

Jesus now I'm making EA puns.

It has been there since madden 12, so yeah, not sure how anyone doesnt understand why Online CFM guys expected it to still be there, since there was no word at all saying they were getting rid of the website. Sure those it dont effect , dont care, i get that. However , there are alot more people , than many give credit for, who play in online CFMs. Its a very important part of the mode for us. It has also helped the online CFM community grow larger than it was back in madden 10,11.It started with League Manager and XFN, both who stopped making their sites.Then DL came along , first as Madden Daddy, but then added MLB to their site and just changed name to Daddy Leagues.I myself would not have started running a league in madden 12, without those tools, as the same for many others.

So for the past half a decade, it has been a part of the mode.Just not a part the offline crowd cared about. As im sure making an app isnt something one can do overnight.Ea clearly has capable funds and talent to make one.They made an NBA Live entire game, made a full madden mobile app game,companion app for Battlefield as well where you can manage your loadouts and character from, as well as check out ALL of your stats.So its hard for people to believe making an app just for CFM took them all year to do.Which is why many feel like, they originally thought to can the website and didnt really plan to do an app until sometime later in development.When it should have been thought of and started when they planned to can the website.

To me , it again shows a lack of there full understanding of what an online 32 man league is really like for the commish's and users.I have to wonder how many of their GC and testers actually play ( and not just casually) in full 32 man leagues.I honestly think the number in % is rather low, and needs to be raised. Yeah they have added one or two things , like advance from web, for us over the time, but it just seems like a disconnection to us when the app wasnt made a priority for CFM at the start of this dev cycle for 17.

I do think they will get it out.Its just really slowing down alot of activity in these online leagues right now.Basically all we are doing right now is playing our games for the most part.This is the lowest amount of even talks of trades ive ever seen, and everyday my owners ask me, is the app out yet so we can use DaddyLeagues now? There is a reason for that, being asked in all these leagues.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 09-29-2016, 09:24 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
It has been there since madden 12, so yeah, not sure how anyone doesnt understand why Online CFM guys expected it to still be there, since there was no word at all saying they were getting rid of the website. Sure those it dont effect , dont care, i get that. However , there are alot more people , than many give credit for, who play in online CFMs. Its a very important part of the mode for us. It has also helped the online CFM community grow larger than it was back in madden 10,11.It started with League Manager and XFN, both who stopped making their sites.Then DL came along , first as Madden Daddy, but then added MLB to their site and just changed name to Daddy Leagues.I myself would not have started running a league in madden 12, without those tools, as the same for many others.

So for the past half a decade, it has been a part of the mode.Just not a part the offline crowd cared about. As im sure making an app isnt something one can do overnight.Ea clearly has capable funds and talent to make one.They made an NBA Live entire game, made a full madden mobile app game,companion app for Battlefield as well where you can manage your loadouts and character from, as well as check out ALL of your stats.So its hard for people to believe making an app just for CFM took them all year to do.Which is why many feel like, they originally thought to can the website and didnt really plan to do an app until sometime later in development.When it should have been thought of and started when they planned to can the website.

To me , it again shows a lack of there full understanding of what an online 32 man league is really like for the commish's and users.I have to wonder how many of their GC and testers actually play ( and not just casually) in full 32 man leagues.I honestly think the number in % is rather low, and needs to be raised. Yeah they have added one or two things , like advance from web, for us over the time, but it just seems like a disconnection to us when the app wasnt made a priority for CFM at the start of this dev cycle for 17.

I do think they will get it out.Its just really slowing down alot of activity in these online leagues right now.Basically all we are doing right now is playing our games for the most part.This is the lowest amount of even talks of trades ive ever seen, and everyday my owners ask me, is the app out yet so we can use DaddyLeagues now? There is a reason for that, being asked in all these leagues.
Once the app is released ( I am hearing relatively soon) I think we will get the story of what actually happened. I have heard it is for security reasons that the site was removed and that the new method for the App/third party sites to get stats will be more secure for EA and the users. I plan to talk to John as soon as anyone at EA is allowed to publicly acknowledge the app and talk about what actually happened. I can tell you that they are upset it didn't come out on release, as they themselves used the website to manage their internal EA CFM haha.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:31 AM   #38
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Once the app is released ( I am hearing relatively soon) I think we will get the story of what actually happened. I have heard it is for security reasons that the site was removed and that the new method for the App/third party sites to get stats will be more secure for EA and the users. I plan to talk to John as soon as anyone at EA is allowed to publicly acknowledge the app and talk about what actually happened. I can tell you that they are upset it didn't come out on release, as they themselves used the website to manage their internal EA CFM haha.

Yeah, i mentioned that was prob the reason for it, as it was mentioned before by CMhoe , so i figured that was the case. Just seems that should have been thought of sooner in cycle.

My point of what i was saying about disconnect. I still dont think they have a good touch with what its like being in an online league , with 32 people , all over the country, not just an in house league.That is not the same thing.Dealing with 32 people, who dont really know one another, across the dif time zones, and are serious about CFM, not casual about it. I just would like to know the actual % of people that are GC, or their testers for CFM, who actually deal with , play in , commish online leagues that run more than 2 seasons.Because i just get the feeling, they are not fully in touch with what all that entails that well, because it seems like there isnt that many involved in the process compared to how many or more just offline guys, or not even cfm guys at all giving feedback.Maybe im wrong, thats why id love to see the data on that. And why i hope, with the playtesting thing they posted recently, i really hope they were picking more Online CFM people( as that was something it asked , how you play the mode).

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 09-29-2016, 09:43 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Yeah, i mentioned that was prob the reason for it, as it was mentioned before by CMhoe , so i figured that was the case. Just seems that should have been thought of sooner in cycle.

My point of what i was saying about disconnect. I still dont think they have a good touch with what its like being in an online league , with 32 people , all over the country, not just an in house league.That is not the same thing.Dealing with 32 people, who dont really know one another, across the dif time zones, and are serious about CFM, not casual about it. I just would like to know the actual % of people that are GC, or their testers for CFM, who actually deal with , play in , commish online leagues that run more than 2 seasons.Because i just get the feeling, they are not fully in touch with what all that entails that well, because it seems like there isnt that many involved in the process compared to how many or more just offline guys, or not even cfm guys at all giving feedback.Maybe im wrong, thats why id love to see the data on that. And why i hope, with the playtesting thing they posted recently, i really hope they were picking more Online CFM people( as that was something it asked , how you play the mode).
Most people don't know this, but there are actually two sites that Madden is built from. Most of CFM gets worked on out of Texas (Dallas I think)while the rest of game itself gets built in Orlando. I am sure they include the whole group to get that long distance feel in their CFM. As for the sooner in the cycle thing, that will have to be discussed once EA can speak, but I think there were some technical reasons behind it.

As I said they are disappointed too.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:20 PM   #40
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Most people don't know this, but there are actually two sites that Madden is built from. Most of CFM gets worked on out of Texas (Dallas I think)while the rest of game itself gets built in Orlando. I am sure they include the whole group to get that long distance feel in their CFM. As for the sooner in the cycle thing, that will have to be discussed once EA can speak, but I think there were some technical reasons behind it.

As I said they are disappointed too.
It's Austin but yeah.

In the GC sessions I participated in, half were with commishes of long-standing, large leagues. They are definitely a part of the process. It seriously has nothing to do with a lack of understanding or need. It's 100% an unexpected technical issue.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »