Home

Possible Reduction/Reversal of Regression at 29yo ...

This is a discussion on Possible Reduction/Reversal of Regression at 29yo ... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2016, 01:15 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Possible Reduction/Reversal of Regression at 29yo ...

I have Michael Crabtree in my offline cfm and at 31 he is an OVR 81 with 82 speed, 83 acc, 79 agil... but with points going into what I can afford (awareness.route running/catching) the guy has still been great on-field for me. I don't send him deep one-on-one anymore and he's making a living in the slot, but if I can find a way to resign him, I will.

Most of us are probably too focused on the stats rather than production - Crabtree still gets open, he still beats coverage, still makes big 3rd down and endzone catches. Or perhaps we over-value speed b/c the way we play demands it? I have some young receivers who are faster, but they don't make plays for me like Crabtree does. He sure doesn't look slow as a defensive lineman (my fastest DL is an 81) out there.

57 catches/685 yds/8 TDs - long of 30. I'll take that from my 3rd receiver every time. Rac of 4.2 - compared to 5 for my 2nd receiver, and 6 for Cooper at #1 position. Not too shabby.

Last edited by mcavner; 09-25-2016 at 01:21 PM.
Old 09-25-2016, 01:18 PM   #10
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavner
I have Michael Crabtree in my offline cfm and at 31 he is an OVR 81 with 82 speed, 83 acc, 79 agil... but with points going into what I can afford (awareness.route running/catching) the guy has still been great on-field for me. I don't send him deep one-on-one anymore and he's making a living in the slot, but if I can find a way to resign him, I will.

Most of us are probably too focused on the stats rather than production - Crabtree still gets open, he still beats coverage, still makes big 3rd down and endzone catches. Or perhaps we over-value speed b/c the way we play demands it? I have some young receivers who are faster, but they don't make plays for me like Crabtree does. He sure doesn't look slow as a defensive lineman (my fastest DL is an 81) out there.
I think it had alot to due with what your speed threshold is. If you have it at 50 you can utilize mid 80 speed wr.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2016, 01:22 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
I think it had alot to due with what your speed threshold is. If you have it at 50 you can utilize mid 80 speed wr.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm at default (whatever that is - I'm assuming 50).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2016, 01:27 PM   #12
Rookie

El Generico's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb61
But if their other attributes regress because of age, what does inflating the overall (by raising the Inj attribute) mean? Overall is basically meaningless as far as on-field performance.
This is exactly my thought on this. If other attributes don't go up on their own because if this, and it's just needlessly inflating their overall (which causes their contracts to be much higher to re-sign)
Old 09-25-2016, 01:32 PM   #13
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

I signed a LT, forgot his name, but I was upset cause he was a 85 when I signed him, but a 83 when I put him on my depth. He matched my scheme, so i was a little confused. I reloaded my save and looked over his atts, signed him again and you guessed it, he regressed again. His injury dropped 6-7 points as he hit 30. It makes sense as your body breaks down as you age, but 6-7 points? I figure maybe 1-2 a year until it drops off again.

I guess I just dont get why when any player, on any video game wither it be baseball or football fall off the edge of the planet when they hit 30. The 30 decline bug doesnt hit EVERY player.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 09-25-2016, 01:41 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
I signed a LT, forgot his name, but I was upset cause he was a 85 when I signed him, but a 83 when I put him on my depth. He matched my scheme, so i was a little confused. I reloaded my save and looked over his atts, signed him again and you guessed it, he regressed again. His injury dropped 6-7 points as he hit 30. It makes sense as your body breaks down as you age, but 6-7 points? I figure maybe 1-2 a year until it drops off again.

I guess I just dont get why when any player, on any video game wither it be baseball or football fall off the edge of the planet when they hit 30. The 30 decline bug doesnt hit EVERY player.
I'd like a Regression trait added. And make it expensive to add when you get older, too. If you have the wisdom as a young player to take care of yourself even better than the average NFL player, and you're a genetic freak, then you can play longer at a high level.
Old 09-25-2016, 03:00 PM   #15
MVP

underdog13's Arena

I love the additions of regression this year. Past maddens guys didn't regress nearly enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2016, 03:11 PM   #16
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
I love the additions of regression this year. Past maddens guys didn't regress nearly enough.
Yeah its so much better. You used to have guys not regress until like 35. We just need a little variety, maybe a regression trait and it'll be perfect.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »