Home

Edelman as QB

This is a discussion on Edelman as QB within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 03:11 PM   #9
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Edelman as QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Why would you want to? I haven't looked at his throwing attributes but surely you can find someone better.
Well, he was a QB and the Pats don't know who's going to be starting next week. That's why.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2016, 03:25 PM   #10
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlndr
Well, he was a QB and the Pats don't know who's going to be starting next week. That's why.

Well ok, ....do you play once a week and play Madden like the real teams do? I don't. Just saying. I made trades and some cuts right off the bat.
I wouldn't start Edelman in Madden at QB if I didn't have to. He was more a running QB in college anyways. But, it is a game and fun to experiment.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 09-25-2016 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:07 PM   #11
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlndr

As a Pats fan, the chances of him starting are about as good as you or I starting. Edelman is much to valuable to the team for him to be the starting QB, it will either be Jacoby or Jimmy. But if you really want to use him (he could be fun in the game) you are probably going to have change his position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 12:11 PM   #12
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Not to mention he wasn't a good qb

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2016, 12:51 PM   #13
MVP

mjavon's Arena

You didn't even need to restart your franchise. Just edit his position to QB.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:55 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
You didn't even need to restart your franchise. Just edit his position to QB.
Obviously no Pats fan should want Edelman to start at QB but I just thought it would be fun to have him WR and QB eligible. Changing him to a full time QB is not really the point. Too bad they don't keep him as QB eligible in CFM as I would like one of those Terrel Pryor games from Edelman where he scores a passing, rushing and receiving TD.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:39 PM   #15
Rookie

There used to be a pistol formation, from the Bills playbook, which allowed you to play WR4 at QB with a given set (back when Brad Smith would occasionally do that). I'm not sure if it's still in the game but that might be a way to have him be primarily a WR in CFM while taking snaps at QB.

The biggest drawback is that you can't audible from that formation with a WR at QB, or at least you couldn't back when I last used it.

Some wildcat formations also allow you to put WR1 or WR2 at QB and have passing plays but much fewer than the aforementioned pistol set.

***ETA***
I just checked the current Bills playbook and I don't see that formation. I can't remember exactly what it was but it was a 3 wr pistol set. It might still be in the game with that particular sub package.

Last edited by purplerat; 09-27-2016 at 01:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 03:05 PM   #16
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerat
There used to be a pistol formation, from the Bills playbook, which allowed you to play WR4 at QB with a given set (back when Brad Smith would occasionally do that). I'm not sure if it's still in the game but that might be a way to have him be primarily a WR in CFM while taking snaps at QB.

The biggest drawback is that you can't audible from that formation with a WR at QB, or at least you couldn't back when I last used it.

Some wildcat formations also allow you to put WR1 or WR2 at QB and have passing plays but much fewer than the aforementioned pistol set.

***ETA***
I just checked the current Bills playbook and I don't see that formation. I can't remember exactly what it was but it was a 3 wr pistol set. It might still be in the game with that particular sub package.
U can't do it with browns playbooks I just tried in practice has all other qb's listed but Pryor's still a wr...just another thing u see on sundays that u dont in Madden. Under wildcat.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »