Home

3 Pass Rushing Questions

This is a discussion on 3 Pass Rushing Questions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2016, 12:20 PM   #1
Rookie

Sajiky's Arena

OVR: 0
3 Pass Rushing Questions

I tried to search for this info, but didn't find stuff that felt definitive.

1. Is the swim move or spin move best? They are both for finesse skill right? And is there any possible use to purchasing both? Von Miller at age 30, has very few useful things to spend points in anymore.

2. If a player doesn't own say the Bull Rush move trait, then is raising the Power Move skill just a waste of points? And if that's the case, then does that mean that if say a Middle Linebacker on a blitz, who has no Pass Move traits, only able to get through if he is unblocked?

3. Finally since you cannot purchase Pass Move traits for Middle Linebackers, if I were to switch a Middle Linebacker's position to say Left Linebacker, and purchase say a Spin Move trait, would he still be able to use it when I switch him back to Middle?

Guess that is technically 6 questions heh, but some are sort of subsets of others.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2016, 04:13 PM   #2
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

Re: 3 Pass Rushing Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajiky
I tried to search for this info, but didn't find stuff that felt definitive.

1. Is the swim move or spin move best? They are both for finesse skill right? And is there any possible use to purchasing both? Von Miller at age 30, has very few useful things to spend points in anymore.

2. If a player doesn't own say the Bull Rush move trait, then is raising the Power Move skill just a waste of points? And if that's the case, then does that mean that if say a Middle Linebacker on a blitz, who has no Pass Move traits, only able to get through if he is unblocked?

3. Finally since you cannot purchase Pass Move traits for Middle Linebackers, if I were to switch a Middle Linebacker's position to say Left Linebacker, and purchase say a Spin Move trait, would he still be able to use it when I switch him back to Middle?

Guess that is technically 6 questions heh, but some are sort of subsets of others.

Thanks.
I'll give my opinions. I don't have anything I can pull as fact.

1: Swim is vastly better than Spin. My ideal pass rusher is a finesse move pass rusher with Swim move only.

2: No, even without the bull rush trait (or swim/spin for fmv) they still will play to get around their defenders, a higher trait still helps.

3: Yes he will still be able to use those moves.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:12 AM   #3
Rookie

Sajiky's Arena

Thanks much.

Is there any way to force the player to use swim over spin? Only way I can think of would be to edit the player, but would rather not do that.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:22 AM   #4
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

If a player has 90+ in finesse moves, then the spin can be lethal. Robert Nkemdiche on the Cards has a 95 FM in my CFM and the spins he does against my oline are ridiculously good. Engage, quick spin around the lineman, explode. All my guys are Power guys, I want to try and get an elite finesse guy in the draft at some point.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:08 PM   #5
Rookie

Sajiky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
If a player has 90+ in finesse moves, then the spin can be lethal. Robert Nkemdiche on the Cards has a 95 FM in my CFM and the spins he does against my oline are ridiculously good.

I have Von Miller with 99 finesse in my cfm, and he almost without fail spins in place with the blocker still directly in front. When the spin should twist him to either the inside or the outside of the blocker to get around.

It's actually much easier for me to get sacks using Derrick Wolfes 89 power bull rush.

Pass rushing in general seems pretty borked. I am playing on All-Madden using Armor & Swords slider set but I have to drop the cpu blocking to about 20 to get roughly the right number of sacks, but I have to put the user pass blocking slider to 8 freking 8 to ever get sacked myself, actually thinking about putting user pass blocking all the way to 0. But I do have really really good tackles so it might about right at 8.

Gonna try editing Miller to remove his spin move trait as an experiment just to see if the swim works better. Might even try taking all his pass rush moves away for a game or two as an experiment as well.

I am thinking the game might be bugged in such a way so that if you were using Nkemdiche yourself instead of cpu you might not get the same results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 08:54 PM   #6
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajiky
I have Von Miller with 99 finesse in my cfm, and he almost without fail spins in place with the blocker still directly in front. When the spin should twist him to either the inside or the outside of the blocker to get around.

It's actually much easier for me to get sacks using Derrick Wolfes 89 power bull rush.

Pass rushing in general seems pretty borked. I am playing on All-Madden using Armor & Swords slider set but I have to drop the cpu blocking to about 20 to get roughly the right number of sacks, but I have to put the user pass blocking slider to 8 freking 8 to ever get sacked myself, actually thinking about putting user pass blocking all the way to 0. But I do have really really good tackles so it might about right at 8.

Gonna try editing Miller to remove his spin move trait as an experiment just to see if the swim works better. Might even try taking all his pass rush moves away for a game or two as an experiment as well.

I am thinking the game might be bugged in such a way so that if you were using Nkemdiche yourself instead of cpu you might not get the same results.
You're most likely right on this front. SimFB has said on his YouTube channel that Clint has admitted to him that CPU controlled Dlineman have more animations available to them than User controlled Dlinemen do. So it isn't bugged, per se, as much as it is an underdeveloped aspect of the game.

I think that I could get the spin move to work, I'll try it at some point, but it's definitely not going to look as fluid as when the CPU does it.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-28-2016, 07:21 AM   #7
Rookie

KrisMarina's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
You're most likely right on this front. SimFB has said on his YouTube channel that Clint has admitted to him that CPU controlled Dlineman have more animations available to them than User controlled Dlinemen do. So it isn't bugged, per se, as much as it is an underdeveloped aspect of the game.

I think that I could get the spin move to work, I'll try it at some point, but it's definitely not going to look as fluid as when the CPU does it.
I didn't know that, thanks man. Nearly always control my D-Line too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »