Home

Multi-User Online CFM Confusion...

This is a discussion on Multi-User Online CFM Confusion... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2016, 11:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Multi-User Online CFM Confusion...

Just curious if anyone running a multi-user online franchise is having this issue and, if so, how did you resolve it.

My brother and I are in an online CFM coaching different teams. I'm the "administrator" and set the sliders, etc and the game plays pretty good (used Arm & Sword's and tweaked). But he plays and he says the game plays really odd and there are games where there are a ton of interceptions or fumbles by both teams. His last game had a combined 8 INTs.

Is there a reason why the game plays so different between us? It's happened for a few years and I haven't seen anyone else online say they have issues with it. Has anyone figured out how to get the game to play the same between different users in an online franchise?

Thanks for any help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 12:52 PM   #2
Rookie

Cajungodfather's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Multi-User Online CFM Confusion...

Try playing his team a few times. Sounds like he's just not as good as you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2016, 01:12 PM   #3
Rookie

But he's saying that his last two games had a ton of interceptions and fumbles by both his team and the computer. I hardly see my team intercept and barely see fumbles in general.

It's frustrating and strange to me that I set the settings and sliders, we play the same way (no switch, let CPU catch, etc) and it's almost like he's playing a completely different game than me every year.

Could this be a case of some setting being different in our main menus that's effecting something or maybe him needing to erase and reinstall the game? I'm just baffled.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:14 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrod
But he's saying that his last two games had a ton of interceptions and fumbles by both his team and the computer. I hardly see my team intercept and barely see fumbles in general.

It's frustrating and strange to me that I set the settings and sliders, we play the same way (no switch, let CPU catch, etc) and it's almost like he's playing a completely different game than me every year.

Could this be a case of some setting being different in our main menus that's effecting something or maybe him needing to erase and reinstall the game? I'm just baffled.
...No, it's him. Maybe the difference in the quality of players on each of your guys teams?
Old 09-29-2016, 01:55 PM   #5
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrod

It's one of two things:
1) His team may not be as good overall (Who is his QB?)
2) His play calling and play execution is the problem

Can you watch him play? If he's forcing passing, then of course INts are going to be high.

I say this because I'm in a fantasy draft league with friends also. I personally use Jarodd21 sliders, but for the sake of this franchise I downloaded the most popular one on the share manager which was A&S I think.
One of the guys said the games are way too hard about 2-4 games in, while I'm undefeated. I finally played him in week 17 and he's showing blitz, running man, and using the safety almost every play. While I may not see an open WR, CPU will when he plays them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 02:17 PM   #6
Rookie

I appreciate the feedback but it's not just a deal where HIS team plays poorly vs how my team plays. From the things he tells me, the game plays completely different and, sometimes wonky. The interception and fumble issues were not just his team or him making stupid mistakes or being bad. The CPU controlled teams are having the same strange issues.

He and I are the only human players in the franchise, otherwise it's all CPU controlled teams.

But this has happened for the last 3-4 years. Same settings, same sliders, same CFM, completely different things happening. I don't get to watch him play as we have our own houses, families, etc. But he's not one to just BS. He's gotten frustrated and given up in the past over issues like this and it leaves me wanting to pull my hair out wondering why it plays so completely different for the two of us and how to fix it.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:26 PM   #7
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

OVR: 2

There are plenty of online leagues run with full user counts here that don't seem to have that problem. I understand that you believe your friend and what not, but this simply isn't a bug or glitch that anyone else has reported.

Maybe you should try letting him start the cfm and enter the settings, that way you can eliminate that as an issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »