Home

Getting Pressure/Sacks in M17

This is a discussion on Getting Pressure/Sacks in M17 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2016, 08:40 PM   #1
Rookie

BodamEscapePlan's Arena

OVR: 1
Getting Pressure/Sacks in M17

I just started a new 32-team control franchise, I've played four games using a slider set found here that has both USER and CPU pass blocking set to 0 and I still can't get consistent pressure let alone shed blocks with big name guys like Willie Young, Clay Matthews and Khalil Mack.

It's like your pass rushers and DTs just can't get to the QB and when you do finally get decent pressure they zip the ball out as quick as possible.

Also, for that matter why can CPU QBs throw the ball away (with no intended receiver) while still inside the pocket? I really want to fix these two issues.
NCAAF: NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS
@michaelsbodam | PSN: BodamEscapePlan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 10:06 PM   #2
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Getting Pressure/Sacks in M17

Raising the tackle slider helps defenders to shed blocks quicker. Be careful l about bumping it too high though or you will end up with way too many TFL in the run game.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:14 PM   #3
Rookie

Tomgun's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodamEscapePlan
I just started a new 32-team control franchise, I've played four games using a slider set found here that has both USER and CPU pass blocking set to 0 and I still can't get consistent pressure let alone shed blocks with big name guys like Willie Young, Clay Matthews and Khalil Mack.

It's like your pass rushers and DTs just can't get to the QB and when you do finally get decent pressure they zip the ball out as quick as possible.

Also, for that matter why can CPU QBs throw the ball away (with no intended receiver) while still inside the pocket? I really want to fix these two issues.
I've been playing on all-pro with default sliders as the lions and I got Suh back and hes been unstoppable.. Im shedding blocks and sacking QB's with ease to be honest I thought it may have been a little too easy
Old 10-04-2016, 12:01 AM   #4
MVP

Begin your move right before engagement. Sacks overall are hard to come by because in this year's madden the qb's number one priority is to not get sacked and he can defy physics to do so.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:16 AM   #5
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
Begin your move right before engagement. Sacks overall are hard to come by because in this year's madden the qb's number one priority is to not get sacked and he can defy physics to do so.
The defying physics part aside, this is a generally good thing. Sacks are harder than not to come by in real pro football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2016, 12:47 AM   #6
Banned

Through 12 games in my niner franchise I have 33 sacks as a team, 3rd in the league. 16.5 of those by Deforrest Buckner the guy I user control. This is on default AM. I think it's a matter of mixing up your coverages more than anything. I dont really blitz to get sacks playing a 3-4, I blitz to force mistakes. Sacks are going to come eventually and sporadically, but you have to stay after it. It's fairly difficult to succeed individually on getting to the qb, which it should be, but you have to play 62 plays on defense and not get frustrated.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:35 AM   #7
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
When does the QB defy physics?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2016, 06:56 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
When does the QB defy physics?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
When I am chasing him from behind and am less than a step from him. He can turn towards me crank his arm backwards and throw across his body and apparently through mine to throw a ball 20 yards before I can take a step. He can throw a ball fifty yards out of bounds while backpedaling and defenders within inches of his face. He can do a ballerina pirouette and throw the opposite way of where he is facing again with a defender within 6 inches of him. The main probem is that a real qb will cover the ball at the point the cpu qb still has plenty of time to get rid of it. Sacks should be hard to come by, but with pass blocking at zero, five 99 moves players, throw ball away trait turned off, sense Preassure trait oblivious, cpu qb awareness at 1, they should be quite easy to come by. These things shoud matter more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »