Home

Couple of Draft Class Questions

This is a discussion on Couple of Draft Class Questions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2016, 11:04 AM   #1
Rookie

darkraiusa's Arena

OVR: 0

1) Has anyone seen Fullbacks, Punters, Kickers that were projected to actually be drafted? And if not is it worth drafting any of them in the later rounds ever? I always scout them just incase but I've never seen one projected to be drafted even in the 7th round.

2) What's with all the busts it looks like? I'd say past the 1st round finding someone who's actually meant to be in the round they're projected in is hard until you get to the 7th.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2016, 12:57 PM   #2
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Couple of Draft Class Questions

the draft i just did going into my 3rd season actually had 2 outta the 6 or 7 fb's projected to be drafted in the later rds. i was gonna grab one but i found 2 oline to take late that panned out to be 72ovr rg and 75ovr lg. if they werent there i woulda taken one.

k or p i never watch so i dunno if theres been any projected to get drafted since theres always someone i can just grab off the fa list. not worth spending a pick for me even in the 7th. i'd rather trade the pick or take a gamble on a skill position.
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 11-03-2016, 01:44 PM   #3
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Seen plenty of FBs projected to be drafted, one even as high as the 3rd round. Never seen a kicker or punter projected to go anything other than undrafted though, which is a little unrealistic tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 11-03-2016, 02:26 PM   #4
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

There were three FBs projected in the middle rounds of my last draft. I didn't scout any of them so I'm not sure if that held up. I do know they were all gone by the 5th.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:10 PM   #5
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

Had a storyline FB projected as a 4th round player. Full 32 user CFM I know he did get drafted but think it was after the 4th (he was really slow speed).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2016, 05:48 PM   #6
Rookie

darkraiusa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Seen plenty of FBs projected to be drafted, one even as high as the 3rd round. Never seen a kicker or punter projected to go anything other than undrafted though, which is a little unrealistic tbh.

Thanks, also of course right after I post this i actually happened to stumble on your thread (via reddit) with the cool scouting tool.

Heads up I love it and i've been toying with for hours and I actually looked at the fullbacks with it, and they were all projected to be undrafted but 2 of them looked like actual picks and were listed as risky which I thought was neat.

I also had a third question but I forgot what it was by the time I posted. Why are there so many busts in the draft? Especially @ WR and Corner it feels like everyone is a bust. I guess that makes sense that there's not 212 or so gems but feels like there is a lack of 2nd and 3rd rounders specifically that actually end up being 2nd or 3rd round talent.

Last edited by darkraiusa; 11-04-2016 at 02:19 PM. Reason: corrected gyms to gems :P
Old 11-03-2016, 06:13 PM   #7
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkraiusa
Thanks, also of course right after I post this i actually happened to stumble on your thread (via reddit) with the cool scouting tool.

Heads up I love it and i've been toying with for hours and I actually looked at the fullbacks with it, and they were all projected to be undrafted but 2 of them looked like actual picks and were listed as risky which I thought was neat.

I also had a third question but I forgot what it was by the time I posted. Why are there so many busts in the draft? Especially @ WR and Corner it feels like everyone is a bust. I guess that makes sense that there's not 212 or so gyms but feels like there is a lack of 2nd and 3rd rounders specifically that actually end up being 2nd or 3rd round talent.

WR is actually statistically the easiest position to draft. You can pick up good players in almost every draft class, often in the later rounds. Corner is a different story though. Usually only 3 or so good ones per class and they're 1st/2nd rounders 95% of the time. Tough to draft DBs in general actually, FS in particular.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 11-03-2016, 06:21 PM   #8
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaurus
Had a storyline FB projected as a 4th round player. Full 32 user CFM I know he did get drafted but think it was after the 4th (he was really slow speed).

A FULLBACK had a storyline!?!?
That's crazy!

Do you remember what they were saying about him?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »