Home

Coach reactions after every play

This is a discussion on Coach reactions after every play within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2017, 10:45 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Coach reactions after every play

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
Obviously, what EA had in mind was to try to immerse you in your character. As a coach in CFM, you will be directed to cut scene after cut scene of.... well of course, you the coach. Graphics look pretty solid to me this year. I would much rather simply watch the replay of the actual game action. You can hold down the A button to skip the cut scene.
The problem is that if your the coach, why do they determine your reaction and show it to you. Shouldn't we determine our reaction. I love seeing myself throw the clip board because I only got six yards on first down, not. We should determine our reaction and that reaction should affect different players morale and chemistry differently. Geting pissed at a player for a personal foul shoud settle some players down but piss off others. We should see the results of that in game and in the players desire to be on the team.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:19 AM   #10
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

The post-play camera cuts in Franchise mode are affected by the character you chose. If you are using a player, you'll see more camera cuts to your player. If you're using a coach, you'll see more camera cuts to your coach. No idea how this affects playing as an owner because I don't play owner mode.

With respect to the frequency of the post-play camera cuts to your character in franchise - if I remember correctly Rex Dickson specifically called this functionality out to me and referred to this as "hero coach" presentation elements when I played Madden 17 at EA PLAY last summer. The intent as it was explained to me was to put more focus on the character you are personally controlling. To that end, that these camera cuts are happening so often is 100% intentional and by design.

I do agree that, assuming this is expanded upon, the animation bank for the coaches needs to be larger and the animation selection must be more intelligent. Jason Garrett is gonna tear his rotator cuff swinging his arm around so much, lol.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 03-01-2017 at 03:22 AM.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:11 AM   #11
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The intent as it was explained to me was to put more focus on the character you are personally controlling. To that end, that these camera cuts are happening so often is 100% intentional and by design.
It would be nice if there was an option to set the frequency of these cutscenes. I am sure there are folks who are looking for that immersion, and I appreciate that. But I am old school, and I just want to play a football game. I also have limited time for gaming, and spending a significant amount of time spamming the A button to by-pass these scenes can be a deterrent to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2017, 11:26 AM   #12
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
It would be nice if there was an option to set the frequency of these cutscenes. I am sure there are folks who are looking for that immersion, and I appreciate that. But I am old school, and I just want to play a football game. I also have limited time for gaming, and spending a significant amount of time spamming the A button to by-pass these scenes can be a deterrent to play.
I'm in the same boat as you are and I agree.

I will say that if I'm time pressed, at least I can save the game at any point and come back to it later. ie honeydew list, etc.......lol

Frequency needs to be an option going forward.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:14 PM   #13
Pro

rsump112's Arena

OVR: 4

I have to say my favorite is when Marvin Lewis hands his tablet to an assistant coach after every penalty is called. Doesn't matter if it's for or against the Bengals. "Here, hold this while I raise Hell because we just gained 43 yards on a pass interference call!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »