Home

M17 Patched Run Block

This is a discussion on M17 Patched Run Block within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2016, 01:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
M17 Patched Run Block

Greetings everyone,

I've recently upgraded to a ps4 and I bought a digital copy of Madden. Hopping from M15 on ps3, it's been a rather big challenge. I overall like the way the passing game has shaped up, though I sometimes feel the QBs are a bit too... the same? The main problem that I'm having has to deal with the Oline blocking on run plays.

So far, I've managed only like 1-2 yards per carry in my games. I think I might have had one game with 3 ypc on the default All Madden. While my line isn't really that great for my games, I've been practicing with Dal in practice mode and still getting just trashed up front by Bal. This is across multiple formations, runs, and players, so I'm hoping someone can possibly shed some light on what the problem might be?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2016, 08:58 AM   #2
Just started!

gp409's Arena

Re: M17 Patched Run Block

Few different things;

- Make sure you are matching your play calling to the scheme of your lineman are they zone blockers etc

- I find fullback runs to be most effective this year

- Where are you getting tackled? in the hole? in the backfield? and whos tackling might help identify the problem

- Use L2 and be more patient and let the holes open

- I find iso and weak I formations to work best for me
Old 12-29-2016, 09:16 AM   #3
MVP

Do not use sprint as this results in your blockers giving up.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:13 PM   #4
Rookie

I don't use turbo until I hit the hole. I'm aware that you need to be patient and let the blocks set up Generally, I get hit right at about the line or maybe + or - 1 yard. It just seems like the line and linebackers react super fast to any sort of trap or dive, and whenever I try counters or stretches my team just gets shed on the edges.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:19 PM   #5
MVP

[quote=Kazumonk;2048637137]I don't use turbo until I hit the hole. I'm aware that you need to be patient and let the blocks set up Generally, I get hit right at about the line or maybe + or - 1 yard. It just seems like the line and linebackers react super fast to any sort of trap or dive, and whenever I try counters or stretches my team just gets shed on

I would try raising run blocking for you and lowering tackle for cpu a point at a time until it feels fair to you with who you have running the ball and blocking.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »