Home

More flexibility with contracts

This is a discussion on More flexibility with contracts within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2017, 09:09 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: More flexibility with contracts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaAut
I agree with you on that point. Big signings should cause some issues and you should think about how to do it - problem: You can't decide on that now.

Example:
I am playing with the Raiders. First year you have to sign Derek Carr and Khalil Mack, both cornerstones for the franchise and normally you want to keep them. Both of them asks for about 20M/year, but you can't influence how the money is distributed. If you give them both 5-year contracts the cap hit for both in the first year is just 15M (for both) I think, but in the last year 50M. Why would a GM give such a contract other than a win now team where you know you will cut them after 2-3 years? That's just stupid, but in Madden you have to take it.
if you know you're not going to cut them before their deal ends, drop the salary down very low and give them a big bonus. it levels the yearly cap hits out.

but never do this for someone you might cut before the end of the deal.

strangely, in M10, you could chose from three different contract types: front or back loaded, or evenly split.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:29 AM   #18
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: More flexibility with contracts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
managing the cap is way too easy in M17 but it's harder than in previous madden.
It depends on your team, the player traits, and coach traits. If the coach has good re-sign influences, yes it becomes easier, to the point of being able to retain a ridiculous amount of talent. Starting with Dallas at like 3m cap room, I had to let guys go.
Morris Claiborne (wound up being best FA, caused me a big hole at CB)
Byron Jones (traded in contract year)
Demarcus Lawrence (traded in contract year)
Brandon Carr (traded in contract year)

It was until I traded Romo to the Bears that I had 15m in room. Until then, I was hovering at 3-5m TOPS. I was about to trade away Travis Frederick because he wouldn't sign under cap. Then I added the re-sign influence for that position for Jason Garrett, and he signed.

Now I sit around 15-20m in cap room all the time, and have all my stars (Dak, Zeke, Dez, Byron Jones, Jaylon Smith, Sean Lee, etc).

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »