Home

It is sad that I have to turn the speed disparity slider down

This is a discussion on It is sad that I have to turn the speed disparity slider down within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2017, 08:23 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: It is sad that I have to turn the speed disparity slider down

I have it down to 0 but not because of the deep passing game. When i scramble out of the pocket with Russell Wilson (86) speed (92) acceleration, their is no way in heck a DE with (76) speed should catch up to me before i get past the line of scrimmage. Its like the players chasing the QB receive a speed boost. I even cheesed it and put Russell's speed at (96) same result.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:20 AM   #18
Rookie

It seems to me that the issues with speed parity is more about pursuit than speed itself. I have a RB with 98 speed and yet in the open field safeties can run him down on a perfect pursuit angle. I think that is the issue with DL getting to scrambling qbs behind the LOS when that would never happen. Once a fast QB breaks the line, then they seem to have no problem outrunning the slow DL. However, when escaping the pocket, I think their "pursuit" trait kicks in and immediately gets the perfect angle to the QB. Might be worth looking at. With fast receivers and a second to throw, I have no problem with the deep ball and it feels cheesy,
Old 01-30-2017, 02:40 PM   #19
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

At 50, deep passing is way too easy. WRs get so much separation, it's a joke. Instant TD as long as the pass is semi-on target. Take your own advice and watch a few NFL games--you won't see that.

Our league uses 60 and sometimes guys still get too much separation. Press coverage without a S over the top is virtually non-existent, even with a favorable matchup for the defense.

And no--don't tell me "well that's the risk of playing press!" Press coverage is absurdly common in the NFL. Teams use it in Man, in Zone, and often without help directly over the top. Yes it's a risk, but it's not a giant one, and it's not much of a risk at all if you have a solid matchup advantage. It's certainly not an incredible "instant TD 50% of the time" risk. Guys want deep passing to be OP because deep passing is fun. Don't try to rationalize it with false realism arguments.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 01-30-2017, 03:01 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

We had to turn our online CFM setting down to 0, the speed rating is a joke. 88 speed CBs staying step for step with a 95 speed WR, 68 speed DTs running down 92 speed HBs from behind. Even at 0 the speed difference is not noticeable enough, but it helps.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:06 PM   #21
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2

I have my speed threshold set to 90 and routinely get separation on deep balls with my fast receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »