Home

Accuracy or hold ball longer

This is a discussion on Accuracy or hold ball longer within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2017, 12:48 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Accuracy or hold ball longer

Is there any way to have QBs throw away the ball less or hold onto the ball longer? I'm trying to get more sacks and even though my d-line is stacked, I can't get sacks. The coverage is usually good as I force the CPU to three and outs usually but for some reason it's still hard to get sacks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2017, 12:59 AM   #2
Just started!

Re: Accuracy or hold ball longer

I've been doing some QB editing in an offline league to combat this and it's worked pretty well for me so far. I'll set their 'force pass' to conservative, 'sense pressure' to oblivious, 'throwaway' to off, 'penalty' to disciplined and 'QB style' to scrambler.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:08 AM   #3
Rookie

Play on Pro skill level. Playmaker's has given me the best experience.

I don't know what it is but when I set the game to All-Pro or All-Madden, the CPU always throws for 70-80% completions a game and just stand there. On Pro, I'm getting 55-70% games and scrambling QBs actually scramble. RGKnees rolled out about every other passing play and had 8 carries from scrambles by the 3rd quarter before he dislocated his knee.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:04 AM   #4
Rookie

airraid73's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splice
Play on Pro skill level. Playmaker's has given me the best experience.

I don't know what it is but when I set the game to All-Pro or All-Madden, the CPU always throws for 70-80% completions a game and just stand there. On Pro, I'm getting 55-70% games and scrambling QBs actually scramble. RGKnees rolled out about every other passing play and had 8 carries from scrambles by the 3rd quarter before he dislocated his knee.

I play on pro as well with PM slider set with some adjustments, but I'm with you on that I've seen better qb from CPU with completion % and scrambling .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2017, 06:22 PM   #5
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

I had the same issue...not getting to the QB. I was something like 26th in the league in sacks, with a very average D-Line.

I switched my strategy. I bring the blitz a lot, probably at least one backer about 50% of the time. If its a definite passing down like 3rd and 10 or longer, I bring two extra rushers. It helps my line reach the QB. I now get 2-4 sacks per game. I'm 8 weeks into the season and I'm on pace for 56 sacks, with the possibility of 2 guys in double digits. Last season I totaled 27.

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2017, 10:23 PM   #6
Rookie

For me turning Intentional Grounding OFF in my CFM worked.

QB's now work the pocket, dodge defenders, and roll out. Typically once a QB leaves the pocket it is a sack but with IG off they either take off, throw downfield, or throw away.

I get 1-3 sacks a game with the Chargers. Very rewarding.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:39 AM   #7
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by combo87

QB's now work the pocket, dodge defenders, and roll out. Typically once a QB leaves the pocket it is a sack but with IG off they either take off, throw downfield, or throw away.

So turning of Intentional Grounding causes QBs to scramble and move in the pocket?
Old 01-21-2017, 02:09 PM   #8
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by combo87

I may have to try this. Back in NCAA, I used to turn up the intentional grounding penalty to like 90 or 100. This put a stop to QB's being able to just throw the ball away from in the pocket. I need to do this in madden and see if it works, because right now QB's just chuck it 20 yards out of bounds from the pocket if pressure is coming. Its unrealistic and frustrating how they allowed that in the programming.

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »