Home

Seven Franchise Mode UI Changes Needed For Madden NFL 18

This is a discussion on Seven Franchise Mode UI Changes Needed For Madden NFL 18 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2017, 05:00 PM   #25
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0
Agreed on all points. I'd like a trade finder. I put up everyone I want to give away and see who offers up. Trade Block is ideal, but doesn't include picks or package deals.
The season stats needs to be revamped also. As the article said, you can't even see what game the stats are for.
AS for the loading screen, I'd like to also see player match up comparisons. OR news about what people are saying about the game. Overall I will say that presentation is improved this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2017, 05:36 PM   #26
Rookie

Re: Seven Franchise Mode UI Changes Needed For Madden NFL 18

It just needs to be faster.. Everything takes forever to load. I dont need every tile to do a damn animation. Just get me there
Old 01-31-2017, 05:40 PM   #27
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
Agreed on all points. I'd like a trade finder. I put up everyone I want to give away and see who offers up. Trade Block is ideal, but doesn't include picks or package deals.
The season stats needs to be revamped also. As the article said, you can't even see what game the stats are for.
AS for the loading screen, I'd like to also see player match up comparisons. OR news about what people are saying about the game. Overall I will say that presentation is improved this year
Trade finder at the point seems like a mandatory addition. They only sports game I played for the longest time was Madden. Then the last few years I started playing 2k and the Show, because madden just wasn't doing it for me like it used to.... Those franchise/ dynasty experiences are LIGHTYEARS ahead of where Madden is. Franchise mode took a MASSIVE step backwards in Madden 13, and they are still trying to recover from it.

Madden 17 made a huge step forward IMO, however I feel like they are just scratching the surface of where they need to be. Football is Americas' favorite sport. There is NO excuse that basketball and baseball games should out-perform a game based on the greatest game ever invented.

It is time we start seeing things like:
Trade Finder
Hall of Fame
Custom Draft Classes
Full Editing Ability for create-a-team/ relocation
Assistant Coaches
Dynamic Weather
Dynamic Injuries
Legendary Players
.... The list can go on and on.

Just looking at the Franchise starter screen and seeing the week# take up a quarter of the screen drives me up the wall. I don't know whether it is laziness or what, but I want what other sports games have!
Old 01-31-2017, 05:47 PM   #28
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Trade finder at the point seems like a mandatory addition. They only sports game I played for the longest time was Madden. Then the last few years I started playing 2k and the Show, because madden just wasn't doing it for me like it used to.... Those franchise/ dynasty experiences are LIGHTYEARS ahead of where Madden is. Franchise mode took a MASSIVE step backwards in Madden 13, and they are still trying to recover from it.

Madden 17 made a huge step forward IMO, however I feel like they are just scratching the surface of where they need to be. Football is Americas' favorite sport. There is NO excuse that basketball and baseball games should out-perform a game based on the greatest game ever invented.

It is time we start seeing things like:
Trade Finder
Hall of Fame
Custom Draft Classes
Full Editing Ability for create-a-team/ relocation
Assistant Coaches
Dynamic Weather
Dynamic Injuries
Legendary Players
.... The list can go on and on.

Just looking at the Franchise starter screen and seeing the week# take up a quarter of the screen drives me up the wall. I don't know whether it is laziness or what, but I want what other sports games have!
I'm in the same exact boat as you. I gave NBA 2k16 a shot last year, Only because it was free with Playstation Plus.

I didn't know what the heck I was doing or what plays I was calling, BUT the team management and off season was exciting.

I need/want to feel that team management excitement in Madden. Practice squad was a welcome addition, I love snatching up a player and developing him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2017, 05:54 PM   #29
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
This was posted in another thread but the free agency menu is a good example of the huge problems when it comes to UI.

Sure there is a lot of information there but it all seems to take up an unnecessary amount of space. On top of that, this is the free agency screen and there aren't attributes anywhere, just overalls. I remember a couple years ago (or maybe even last year) it wasn't even possible to look at attributes while signing free agents. So let's just say you want to pick up a speedy deep threat or a possession receiver in free agency, you basically have to go through every player and look at their player card one-by-one just to potentially find what you're looking for. It makes trying to compare players or look for team fits extremely annoying and overly cumbersome.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:42 PM   #30
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
This was posted in another thread but the free agency menu is a good example of the huge problems when it comes to UI.

Sure there is a lot of information there but it all seems to take up an unnecessary amount of space. On top of that, this is the free agency screen and there aren't attributes anywhere, just overalls. I remember a couple years ago (or maybe even last year) it wasn't even possible to look at attributes while signing free agents. So let's just say you want to pick up a speedy deep threat or a possession receiver in free agency, you basically have to go through every player and look at their player card one-by-one just to potentially find what you're looking for. It makes trying to compare players or look for team fits extremely annoying and overly cumbersome.
Just to add on to this,

I kind of miss the bidding free agency process from Madden 12.

However you are right... A lot of wasted space. It is a HUGE annoyance that you can't organize players by their individual ratings for things like speed, throwing power, etc, etc...
Old 01-31-2017, 06:55 PM   #31
Rookie

atlgator's Arena

The biggest (although there are many more features I think need to be added to CFM, and this would not in the least completely satisfy me) feature I think that they need to add is the ability to access a player card and see all of a player's information from many menu, like with what 2k and The Show do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2017, 07:00 PM   #32
Rookie

atlgator's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
I'm in the same exact boat as you. I gave NBA 2k16 a shot last year, Only because it was free with Playstation Plus.

I didn't know what the heck I was doing or what plays I was calling, BUT the team management and off season was exciting.

I need/want to feel that team management excitement in Madden. Practice squad was a welcome addition, I love snatching up a player and developing him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
It kills me because the 2k17 franchise mode and interface is by far the best, but the gameplay is just awful. I would kill for a 2k like franchise but in Madden. Or The Show level. CFM is so far behind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »