Home

Minor Details that must be fixed for 18.

This is a discussion on Minor Details that must be fixed for 18. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2017, 01:07 AM   #9
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Minor Details that must be fixed for 18.

#1 - Absolutely needs to be in and I'm surprised it hasn't made it's way in already. It would still be largely irrelevant for playing the CPU until they come up with a way for the AI to actively use dynamic personnel but for an online franchise with formation subs it would be huge I'm sure.

#2 - 100% agree as well. I think limiting it to two position groups was a horrible decision. However, I don't think there should be any player spotlight or focusing at all. It just feels like an arbitrary way to give a couple guys extra XP that they otherwise don't really deserve.

#3 - I'm actually on the other side of this and think it should be far more limiting than it currently is. Obviously that's not anywhere near as user friendly and would be something that would be more applicable to an Arcade/Sim franchise setting but having it be freewheeling is something I've never been much a fan of. I'm a firm believer in the notion that the vast majority of players "are what they are" so to speak. Alex Smith is never going to be an Air It Out, deep ball passer, Jamaal Charles is never going to be a Marshawn Lynch bruiser back, etc.

#4 - Pretty much the same thing for #3 here. I'm not completely against it but certain aspects or traits I feel like should be permanent. Although I wouldn't be against traits like "Sense Pressure" or "Forces Passes" actually being tied to the Dev Trait so that after a certain period of time they upgrade on their own rather than needing to be purchased. I think that would add some intrigue to player development.

#5 - Something definitely needs to be done with FA. I think what should happen is something similar to an NCAA recruiting format. Rather than being able to throw contracts at anyone I think there should be some sort of visit system where you can extend visits to players and offer them a contract. The player then either signs or moves on to his next visit. How a player would line up visits would be based on their "values", for example a player who was most interested in money would prioritize teams with more cap space, players whose interest was winning would prioritize winning teams, etc. I also think ratings should be hidden and there should be something similar to rookie scouting for Free Agency but that's for another discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex the Great
For the 32-user online leagues, I propose that you actually have to play the practice and you only get one shot after the tutorial, so you can't automatically get gold every time. Then if they want to sim the drills they can fall under the same rules as a CPU team would, as I listed above.
This is the way it should have been IMO however I don't think you should be forced to play practice. But if you do play it, you only get one shot after you've done the tutorial. There should also have been the option to simulate regardless for a random medal each week. I literally never want to play practice so that portion of CFM was just a colossal waste of time to me.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:12 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
This is the way it should have been IMO however I don't think you should be forced to play practice. But if you do play it, you only get one shot after you've done the tutorial. There should also have been the option to simulate regardless for a random medal each week. I literally never want to play practice so that portion of CFM was just a colossal waste of time to me.

I think I worded it poorly, but this is what I meant. You have to play the practice if you want to have an effect on the medal outcome. So basically the same as it is now, but the gold medal doesn't "stick" and you have to keep replaying it to get gold.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:09 PM   #11
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex the Great
I think I worded it poorly, but this is what I meant. You have to play the practice if you want to have an effect on the medal outcome. So basically the same as it is now, but the gold medal doesn't "stick" and you have to keep replaying it to get gold.
That would be awful because it would mean you have to do the dumb practices every week. Most players do not enjoy playing those modes, forcing people to play them is not good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2017, 01:49 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaurus
That would be awful because it would mean you have to do the dumb practices every week. Most players do not enjoy playing those modes, forcing people to play them is not good.

You don't have to play it. You just have to play it if you want to influence the outcome.

I don't see how that's a problem, they take five minutes at the most and if you don't want to do that, you can sim and get the same chances at gold the CPU does.

The whole point is to keep everyone from getting gold medals every week and maybe have your coach's abilities influence the progression of players.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:04 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 20

i just want them to fix how ridiculous most rookies & CAPs look. 80% of them stick out like a sore thumb because they're like wider and fatter and just weird-looking compared to vets. destroys longevity of cfm imo.

edit- also, not really 'minor' but they really need to address cpu logic in terms of team-building philosophy. there's like no rhyme or reason to half the **** the cpu does; dallas hanging onto an old-*** romo and his huge contract despite prescott being a 91 ovr as an example off the top of my head.

Last edited by NEOPARADIGM; 03-16-2017 at 12:07 AM.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:44 AM   #14
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

#5 is a 100% must have

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 03-16-2017, 05:43 PM   #15
MVP

I wouldn't mind a more Rumor Mill/visit based FA system.

Have the ratings hidden and only way to unlock them would be through free agent visits. These visits then spark the Rumor Mill (news section), how X player visited X team and they can make an estimate on the contract offered (have it be within acceptable range above or below an actual offer and such).

This in my opinion would bring more randomness to the table and allow for some free agent busts (if you decide to go after the big name without having him visit to unlock the ratings, you risk the possibility that he may have regressed in the offseason).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2017, 08:12 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

My biggest question would be how do you prevent everyone from having a "super team" if all the guys are going to get XP? After a certain point, say 3 seasons into an Online CFM, everyone will have super teams. And at that point it will just be about who can run the plays the best rather than having to actually scheme around your weaknesses and execute plays. How do you prevent this from happening with what is being proposed?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »