Home

CFM XP...use or not to use?

This is a discussion on CFM XP...use or not to use? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2017, 10:40 PM   #1
Banned

jt2000's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon5 CFM XP...use or not to use?

is the XP upgrading players cheesing after each game? I was thinking about saving up all the xp until end of the season and then doing a upgrade or let the players progress natural with yearly off season progress.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2017, 03:09 AM   #2
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

Re: CFM XP...use or not to use?

What I do is I set the CPU spending upgrades every four weeks and then I do the same so I don't have an advantage.
Then, like many reccomend doing, I first upgrade the "smarts" skills-awareness (must be ~75 before upgrading anything else), play rec etc., and only then I upgrade the skills-Throw accuracy for QBs, carrying for HB etc. with the exception of physical stats (speed, acceleration, hit power, strength etc).
At the end of the season though, if a player made an awards list (MVP, OROY) he gets attribute points equal to his position on the list (if someone came at 6 for DPOY, he gets 5 points, 10th gets 1, 1st gets 10 and so on) and those can be spent on whatever I want, but I keep it realistic, so if I have a QB who's young and I want him to be able to scramble, I can spend a few of these points on his speed and carrying, since it's like an off season-pre season camp of sorts.

Hope it wasn't too confusing, but you should also use tdawgs xp sliders in the sliders forum, they're great.
Old 03-17-2017, 04:55 AM   #3
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy
What I do is I set the CPU spending upgrades every four weeks and then I do the same so I don't have an advantage.
Then, like many reccomend doing, I first upgrade the "smarts" skills-awareness (must be ~75 before upgrading anything else), play rec etc., and only then I upgrade the skills-Throw accuracy for QBs, carrying for HB etc. with the exception of physical stats (speed, acceleration, hit power, strength etc).
At the end of the season though, if a player made an awards list (MVP, OROY) he gets attribute points equal to his position on the list (if someone came at 6 for DPOY, he gets 5 points, 10th gets 1, 1st gets 10 and so on) and those can be spent on whatever I want, but I keep it realistic, so if I have a QB who's young and I want him to be able to scramble, I can spend a few of these points on his speed and carrying, since it's like an off season-pre season camp of sorts.

Hope it wasn't too confusing, but you should also use tdawgs xp sliders in the sliders forum, they're great.
Why not just use the auto spend every 4 weeks? Wouldn't that achieve the exact same logic as CPU?

It just means you never really get to increase stats that cost too much for the average point accumulations over 4 weeks. So, lots of 99 AWR I guess, but the CPU is probably the same?
Old 03-17-2017, 05:25 AM   #4
Banned

jt2000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy
Then, like many recommend doing, I first upgrade the "smarts" skills-awareness (must be ~75 before upgrading anything else), play rec etc., and only then I upgrade the skills-Throw accuracy for QBs, carrying for HB etc. with the exception of physical stats (speed, acceleration, hit power, strength etc).

I printed off TDawgs sliders and will input them when I get home from work. I haven't started year 3 year yet. I just got done with preseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Why not just use the auto spend every 4 weeks? Wouldn't that achieve the exact same logic as CPU?

It just means you never really get to increase stats that cost too much for the average point accumulations over 4 weeks. So, lots of 99 AWR I guess, but the CPU is probably the same?
Ya, I thought of this when I read your reply. Hmmmmm, that will be a coin flip. Lots of smarts with avg stats. I don't know how I feel about that. I may just do a auto upgrade every 4 weeks. In my mind I think a player get better week by week basics. This every 4 weeks is a curve ball to me. In my mind, I don't see a player getting better ever 4 weeks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »