Home

Rookie Running back type

This is a discussion on Rookie Running back type within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2017, 10:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Rookie Running back type

What rookie running back type has been the most productive for you. By type, I mean power back, elusive, balanced, speed etc. One of my drafts has a lot of power backs and I need a running back but am not too sure whether to wait for a draft with more diverse running backs or just get one. All I'm looking for is a running back that can be productive. So if you guys would have to choose, which type of running back would you choose to draft? Or which type is the most productive based on your experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2017, 04:18 AM   #2
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Re: Rookie Running back type

That is a tough one because it's also affected by how your oline is built and if you use a fullback.

I find one cuts a little underpowered in madden but they have okay balanced physical stats. I've had success with powerbacks but only when I have a good strong running oline as the low burst means they get caught in the backfield a bit more. Speed can be good as stiff arm is cheap to train up. Balanced backs come with everything if good, or just good physical stats if bad. Never seen a receiving back unless it's a converted wr...

Conclusion, balanced backs best for me if they show high move grades in the scout report, other wise I prefer physical freak powerbacks.

Sent from my F3111 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-08-2017, 10:00 AM   #3
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I use power backs, always have, but I'm a ball control player, I like to run the ball and use the clock. I like to have fast guys with good hands for 3rd down though. Someone that can catch the ball and make some moves in the open field.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:44 PM   #4
Rookie

ednaaard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
That is a tough one because it's also affected by how your oline is built and if you use a fullback.

I find one cuts a little underpowered in madden but they have okay balanced physical stats. I've had success with powerbacks but only when I have a good strong running oline as the low burst means they get caught in the backfield a bit more. Speed can be good as stiff arm is cheap to train up. Balanced backs come with everything if good, or just good physical stats if bad. Never seen a receiving back unless it's a converted wr...

Conclusion, balanced backs best for me if they show high move grades in the scout report, other wise I prefer physical freak powerbacks.

Sent from my F3111 using Operation Sports mobile app
I have never seen a receiving back 'type', but I have only ever seen 1 back that had good receiving and route running stats, and he had 96 speed. I had fun with him
Old 04-10-2017, 12:22 PM   #5
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

The most fun one has been a power back. Seeing a rookie run over vets is so satisfying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2017, 10:24 PM   #6
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

I like speed and balanced backs. I haven't had much luck with one cut backs. It's hard to go wrong with speed backs--even if you get stuck with low intangibles or bad luck on the speed rating (low 90s), they can be trained into fairly high end receiving backs and with a 90+ juke rating (fairly easy to achieve) they can be good in the run game as well. High end speed backs are really good in Madden. The ability to get a clean juke off (without making any contact) of one (sometimes two) defender(s) with the burst to take it to the house after is both really fun and pretty OP.

Balanced is just that--basically the only type of back that will be able to both outrun, juke, or run through defenders. I've owned and seen a few that are definitely worth high picks.

The power backs I've seen are pretty low risk/low reward. Sometimes you can get one with decent movement skills, but it's hard to find one that can truly do it all, AD or beast mode style. I use them as change of pace backs and goal line backs, drafting them in later rounds and typically never re-signing them because there are always at least 2-3 in a draft that can fill the role.

Last edited by SpyPirates; 04-10-2017 at 10:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »