Home

Details for EAPlay

This is a discussion on Details for EAPlay within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2017, 03:24 PM   #1
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Details for EAPlay

https://www.ea.com/news/game-deep-dive-announce
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2017, 04:05 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Details for EAPlay

"Madden NFL 18 – With Frostbite™, the spectacle of NFL gameday comes alive delivering photorealistic players, crowds and stadiums, and introduces an all-new mode to the Madden NFL franchise."

I think the new mode would be a career mode. With the trailer, it can be assumed that there might be a career mode. There is a direction for all sports game to have a career/story mode. NBA Live has a mode called 'The One' and reading the description of NBA Live on EA play, 'The One' would be a career mode. So, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a career mode. But, I wouldn't really call it an "all-new" mode. Madden use to have a Superstar mode, so it is wouldn't be too much different
Old 06-08-2017, 04:30 PM   #3
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

It's the story mode.
Old 06-08-2017, 04:44 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
It's the story mode.
Without a doubt. With Fifa's Journey mode, and NBA Live assumed 'The One" mode, Madden will follow suit. I imagine it will be similar to Fifa where it is a certain story that will be followed for a season or two.
Old 06-08-2017, 05:02 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 1
Details for EAPlay

I used to balk at the idea of story mode, but I don't play MUT or DC...this might actually be something that keeps me playing past March or April, unless CFM is improved enough to keep me going.

Edit: I should say I'm still playing CFM now, but my games have decreased from every day to one or two a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2017, 07:14 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

It definitely will be a story mode in my opinion. After seeing that teaser trailer that is about 18 seconds that they posted about couple hours ago it is pretty obvious. It almost basically says that it will be a story mode that starts around high school or at least flashbacks. It seems like it will follow the FIFA story mode. I wasn't really hoping for a linear storyline hopefully there's a little bit of leeway with customization. I don't want to be forced to be a certain player. But it seems likely. I know the story in FIFA only allows you to be certain positions. Hopefully they don't do the same for Madden but I'm not sure that's going to be the case.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »