Home

Madden 18: Game Styles

This is a discussion on Madden 18: Game Styles within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2017, 10:34 AM   #33
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18: Game Styles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
I'm confused when they say random. Do ratings matter ? Like discipline, fatigue, stamina and other ratings should factor in somewhat as to when and who gets a penalty. So my low discipline tired OL guy would more likely commit a holding penalty. I don't know what they mean by random.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Those things definitely should matter but there should be an animation that shows the hold. I don't think I've ever seen something like this in Madden when I've checked the replay.

Old 07-22-2017, 11:26 AM   #34
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Glad these options are in. Sim all day for me though. Even my Madden tourney will be set to sim.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:45 AM   #35
Pro

vertman's Arena

I hope the score overlay is a lot smaller this year. Too big across the top of the screen last year. Should be in the top right of the screen and much smaller . Also I'd like to see it disappear as the play unfolds and then reappear after the play.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2017, 11:45 AM   #36
Pro

vertman's Arena

Really pumped to see what slider gurus like Armor come up with in Sim mode

Old 07-22-2017, 11:49 AM   #37
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I truly don't understand why people would want to play anything g but simulation. But then again, I'm on a sports game forum making a claim like that, so obviously I'm a hardcore sports gamer.

I mean it's different styles. When I'm playing my franchise by myself I want sim. But when I'm playing my boy? Hell yeah I wanna hit stick everyone and make crazy catches so I can talk ****.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-22-2017, 12:01 PM   #38
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
I'm confused when they say random. Do ratings matter ? Like discipline, fatigue, stamina and other ratings should factor in somewhat as to when and who gets a penalty. So my low discipline tired OL guy would more likely commit a holding penalty. I don't know what they mean by random.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I can't say for sure, 100%, but I do believe it's a mix. From what I recall Rex and others saying the past few years, I do believe that ratings certainly matter here. I think there's a 'disciplined' trait, too. I believe my rookie RG was undisciplined the whole year. He was the player constantly flagged for holding (by constant, I just mean all season long, 0-3 times per game, maybe). So, I do believe ratings matter. But, Rex has also definitely mentioned they have sort of a 'cap' system (my word, not theirs) that sort of caps penalties to make sure u don't see 10 holdings in a row by the same player or something. From a sim POV, this does seem artificial, maybe. But, I think that in terms of how the game plays and penalties play out, this does generate a 'realistic' amount of penalties. So, it's sort of a programming trick to 'guarantee' things don't get out of hand.

I do believe ratings still matter. I don't think I've ever had my quality LT ever called for a holding, that I can recall. But, the penalties as a whole are sort of capped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2017, 12:07 PM   #39
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertman
I hope the score overlay is a lot smaller this year. Too big across the top of the screen last year. Should be in the top right of the screen and much smaller . Also I'd like to see it disappear as the play unfolds and then reappear after the play.

Maybe that should be a presentation option for choices other than broadcast presentation?
Old 07-22-2017, 12:12 PM   #40
Rookie

cuoreceltico's Arena

If is true simulation will be awesome!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »