Home

Shots Fired by 2k at "other sports games"

This is a discussion on Shots Fired by 2k at "other sports games" within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2017, 08:59 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Shots Fired by 2k at "other sports games"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Could this potential spark a feud between the two, and potentially drive madden to put more into franchise?

Nope.. 2K didn't hit the cash cow which is MUT.... All EA needs to implement the features of Head Coach 09 into CFM and they be up to par imo
I agree with you about HC '09. With some polish and refinement to it of course, I'd be a happy camper for this year at least. And that's a big sticking point with me and many others. Don't get me wrong here, DeuceDouglas' work was phenomenal, I've praised it and shared his link; but the reality is that much of it has been under EA's nose all along. It's not like they haven't ever done great Franchise stuff in the past. They just keep choosing to ignore it.

If I'm EA, I'm completely embarrassed that my loyal fans still shout for games from 9-13 yrs ago. I mean, what other game company has that? We should be cheering how far beyond great games of the past we are. I want to play '05 for nostalgia, not to get the depth I want in M18. We're not even asking to re-invent the wheel here. Just give us the effort and authenticity you once gave us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2017, 08:59 AM   #26
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
Marketing doesn't decide what features are emphasized during a dev cycle, why would 2k go after EA marketing in a dev blog about franchise features?

I can't believe this Dev team thought it was great idea to come up with "Longshot"
Old 07-28-2017, 09:01 AM   #27
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteward84
I think this has the potential of doing the opposite - it could cause EA to put less effort into Madden, and focus 95% on NBA Live - a game that actually competes with 2k.
Actually , ea sems to have pretty much done this already this year as far as franchise in madden ......

Also , i find it kinda funny some choose to instead just point out the server issues 2k has that madden " dont" have . True to play in an online league you want that, for sure. Our league did a 2k league in 2k16, we didnt have any more disconnections than we did in madden. On top of that, as it is so well pointed out here often, the devs who work on adding features to franchise , im pretty sure are not the same people in charge of the servers.Either way you wanna look at it, it does not change the facts of the statement that was made.

The point that is made in that statement made, is that the group at Visual Concepts gets support from upper management to create depth and show a care for franchise mode, which is clearly not happening at EA.That is 100% fair and truthful. Its not a shot at the madden devs, its a shot at upper mangement and the fact they continue to give Franchise the shaft.Debate that if you want, but ask most people who play cfm and im sure your gonna get over 60 % feel that way about how EA has treated CFM since its come out.

Its a fair shot, and EA earned it . Some other companies may have as well, i dont play MLB or soccer, so i cant speak on those.But as far as EA, yeah they earned it, nice to see its not just us ( "those who always just complain") who clearly see the same thing we do.At the end of the day though, do i think it will get the suits to care about CFM , no , i sure dont sadly.I have 0 faith in those who only see $$$ and have a skewed view of how to get more of it.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 07-28-2017 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:06 AM   #28
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
Marketing doesn't decide what features are emphasized during a dev cycle, why would 2k go after EA marketing in a dev blog about franchise features?
So that doesn't mean the suits upstairs told them too. I find it hard to believe longshot wasn't a corporate decision. Especially the way actual gameplay has been handled this year. Who do you think tells marketing what to do?
Old 07-28-2017, 09:19 AM   #29
MVP

I take this as more of a shot at live than madden. However, with ea trying to combine the two madden should take the heat too. That is who they are directly competing against. If we go by maddens biggest franchise update ever last year they are re about 35 years behind nba2k. The only way live overtakes 2k in basketball is by talking the nba into an exclusive agreement are rend doing are rend way with any competition.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:21 AM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
So that doesn't mean the suits upstairs told them too. I find it hard to believe longshot wasn't a corporate decision. Especially the way actual gameplay has been handled this year. Who do you think tells marketing what to do?
2K's mycareer has had a "deep" story three years running now.

Does Madden really think it's a simple as on offline player career? Is this a half ***'ed attempt to compete with 2K in this regard or are the genuinely trying to do something different here? (doesn't seem like it)

I'd be curious to know who thought this was a good idea as well, and why.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:24 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I take this as more of a shot at live than madden. However, with ea trying to combine the two madden should take the heat too. That is who they are directly competing against. If we go by maddens biggest franchise update ever last year they are re about 35 years behind nba2k. The only way live overtakes 2k in basketball is by talking the nba into an exclusive agreement are rend doing are rend way with any competition.
I'm so thankful this will never happen.

We may not have options with football but at least EA can put out a subpar basketball product (in relation to their competitor) and give consumers a choice.

No one who has "bought in" to Take Two has to deal with any guilt or suspicion of how their product would fare in the open market. Their product/service is sound.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2017, 09:29 AM   #32
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

2k seems to be run by Devs, who tell marketing where the game is going, and they figure out how to sell.

EA (Madden) seems to be run by marketing, and tell the Devs what they can and can't do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »