Home

Madden NFL 18 Player Ratings - Top FB's

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Player Ratings - Top FB's within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2017, 12:21 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Player Ratings - Top FB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I really miss the old fullbacks. Mike Alstott, Tony Richardson, Lorenzo Neal, Mack Strong to name a few. Back then those guys were difference makers. Now you have 80 OVR being the 5th best FB in the game. Shows how much less involved in offenses fullbacks are.
Lorenzo Neal was a stud, no way L.T. would've gotten the record for touchdowns in a season without Lorenzo
Old 08-07-2017, 12:31 PM   #10
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

We still going to be required to carry a FB on a roster?
Old 08-07-2017, 01:39 PM   #11
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
I really miss the old fullbacks. Mike Alstott, Tony Richardson, Lorenzo Neal, Mack Strong to name a few. Back then those guys were difference makers. Now you have 80 OVR being the 5th best FB in the game. Shows how much less involved in offenses fullbacks are.

I form is still a main staple in my offense, man. Lol. I hate spread chuck n duck offenses, in general. The Falcons playbook had 2 TE looks that I used a lot as well. But, there's nothing like running behind a FB to get that big block and bust u free. Although, in madden, this is tricky, because normally your FB either runs behind u parallel to LOS, or he runs downfield to block the S and doesn't worry about the LBs so much who end up annihilating u! Lol. But, overall, yeah, I always appreciate a good FB, and always carry a good FB. Preferably, with high RBK, of course, but if he happens to have hands, or high truck, I'll give him some short yardage dive carries and/or look for him in the flat from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2017, 02:32 PM   #12
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotileintruder1
I think overall meaning little when it comes to performance is one of the dumbest things in madden, if speed is going to make one player better than another performance-wise in most games, make the guy with speed better than the other guy. Performance should reflect on overall
Overall reflects how skilled the player is; but it is by no means an indicator of performance.

I can take two FBs who have the exact same overall; but one is a great blocker who can't catch or run the ball worth crap. The other might be a great runner/receiver who can't block worth crap. That is two very different players and their respective performances are going to vary based on their scheme and how the teams use them. You put the blocker into a scheme where he is asked to handle the ball a lot, he is not going to be as successful. It's putting a square peg into a round hole (ask Rex Ryan what happens when you try to try to squeeze personnel into a scheme which doesn't fit their skills).

Madden is no different than any other sports game....overall rating means absolutely nothing.
Old 08-07-2017, 03:10 PM   #13
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
We still going to be required to carry a FB on a roster?
It depends on the offense I think. I ran with the Skins in '17 and I didn't have a FB on the roster. Didn't bring one in or draft onre. That spot was just blank. I think if I had brought one on that would have changed.
Old 08-07-2017, 03:55 PM   #14
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/...en-ratings-fbs

Juszczyk - 91
Develin - 84
DiMarco - 84
Ripkowski - 83
Janovich - 82
Kuhn - 80

All i want to know, is what is happening in the screenshot? You have a Broncos defender chasing down the fullback, but than what is that 49er's player doing walking away nonchalant LOL
Old 08-07-2017, 04:42 PM   #15
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddabob7502
but than what is that 49er's player doing walking away nonchalant LOL
I believe thats the QB, who may have gotten turned around after throwing the ball. Maybe he was tackled and just got up. many possibilities.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2017, 05:29 PM   #16
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
I believe thats the QB, who may have gotten turned around after throwing the ball. Maybe he was tackled and just got up. many possibilities.
I had a feeling it was the QB but its unfortunate that the game is coming out in weeks and still to have those lifeless issues of players not even acting like they are contributing to play. Just a loss of immersion is all im stating about the pick. BUT in all honesty I'm glad to see the 49er's have a top player in a catergory

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »