Home

House Rules for Sim CFM

This is a discussion on House Rules for Sim CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2017, 04:40 PM   #9
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: House Rules for Sim CFM

Awesome ideas in here. I'm gonna have to start using a lot of these to make my franchise more interesting!
Old 08-08-2017, 07:42 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: House Rules for Sim CFM

I found that games against CPU teams with similar team ratings to your team (or higher) are pretty competitive and you will lose pretty often. Once your team rating gets too high, you will pretty much wipe the floor with anyone the CPU comes at you with. So, the issue is how to limit the ratings gap between CPU and user controlled team rosters?

From my experience in Madden 2017, the issue is the draft. The CPU is awful at it. Every single off season I will go through each team's draft and edit names I don't like. It's shocking to see some of these team's draft hauls. Maybe 3 CPU teams a season will have good drafts, most will have crap drafts, and a few should fire their GM on the spot. I'm talking about 3 total draft picks, all with ratings in the 60's. Those teams are screwed in the future and will provide no competition at all.

Basically the CPU trades far too many draft picks to move up in later rounds (dumb), spends high picks on positions of strength (especially QB), and doesn't really scout. There are clear as day busts that get scooped up around where they were projected to go.

If you play with a bunch of friends, it might be a good idea to give each friend a different group of teams to draft with. That would improve their haul and limit the dumb trades the CPU does. If that isn't a possibility, then simming your own draft is an option. That is not fun at all but it will dumb your team down to match the CPU. The other option is to draft for all 32 teams, if you have unlimited time.

Last edited by vrtkolman; 08-08-2017 at 07:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »