Home

Madden NFL 18 Video - Falcons vs. Patriots Super Bowl Rematch (Kspadetheprospect)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Video - Falcons vs. Patriots Super Bowl Rematch (Kspadetheprospect) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2017, 02:03 PM   #17
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 18 Video - Falcons vs. Patriots Super Bowl Rematch (Kspadetheprospect)

It looks awesome. The warm lighting coming through the atrium is gorgeous. Love the grey that you can now see in Dan Quinn's goatee.

I mentioned it in the other thread but I love the way the hair moves during the play. It looks like each individual lock is moving on it's own vs the stiff faux movement of last year.

Player models look good and nicely proportioned. I can get a sense of just how big a receiver Sanu is. Really liked the zig route he runs at 1:22, but his feet are a little too wide apart as he chops it down and I hate the dropback animations of Ryan. He looks all humped over when in reality he stands tall as he drops.

Nice inside move by Alan Branch for the sack @1:37.

@2:25 - I like was the playside linebacker Campbell does with the stretch, even though he gets caught up in traffic. He's reacting earlier than the LB's last year, but what the heck is #45 Jones doing? It's a stretch play. He's supposed to be on his horse getting outside. Instead he pressed the A Gap like it's a dive play.

Overall, meh... I still hate the throwing mechanics. Didn't see a whole lot from the pass rush but I also didn't see any of the coaching adjustments used so...

Last edited by Senator Palmer; 08-09-2017 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:03 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 18 Video - Falcons vs. Patriots Super Bowl Rematch (Kspadetheprospect)

Wow, that was very underwhelming. Ditto what others said, AI QB play is still god awful. And that was All-Pro Sim?
Old 08-09-2017, 02:04 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
I don't foreshadow EA giving much attention to QB AI at all anymore. They are focused on H2H play.
It's clear as day at this point. Only thing we can do is speak with our wallets. It'll be a year of 2k for me.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:04 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

I was really hoping for authentic QB throwing animations, but it looks like it's the same as Madden 17.

The lighting did look great though!!
Old 08-09-2017, 02:07 PM   #21
Rookie

33JAF's Arena

OVR: 0

Looks nice, but plays like generic boring Madden football. Nothing here to convince me to buy it.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2017, 02:11 PM   #22
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

The game look OK. I wish there were somme 4K content on tube.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:12 PM   #23
Rookie

kgbrolic's Arena

OVR: 4

Now I see why we are just now getting gameplay. They spent the entire year working on lighting
Old 08-09-2017, 02:15 PM   #24
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

As others have mentioned the CPU QB AI is not very good. Literally just stands there behind the line of scrimmage and takes multiple sacks. The game itself looks great visually (honestly, one year they should just leave the grpahics alone and focus on something else). Sidelines still look bad though (thought frostbite was supposed to help with this)

this is the first video i saw and it is a bit disappointing especially, since it is on SIM.

Forgot who mentioned it , but with the way the CPU QB acts and the lack of CFM improvements it looks as Madden is heading down the H2H focus.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »