Home

CFM---Outside the box

This is a discussion on CFM---Outside the box within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2017, 06:01 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
CFM---Outside the box

We all know that running a CFM this year is going to be the same as last year. Normally, I would run my steelers franchise but since it is going to be the same as last year with everyone a year older it seems boring. I am looking for ideas to make it a different experience. I am looking forward to some of the gameplay changes but off the field I am not excited.

Taking a bad team and rebuilding is an option but that has been so easy in madden for a decade. How do we make franchise exciting? Here are a couple of out of the box ideas I have:

No first or second round picks. Trade 1st round picks for 3, 4 and 6 to the team with the most cap space. Trade 2nd round pick to last place team in division that is not you for their 6 and 7. I think that will make team building more of a challenge.

No upgrading of awareness or play recognition above 5 points lower than a players overall. This should damper the over powered ability to make every player with great physical traits into a star.

No first week offers to free agents.

Franchise desperately needs a reboot but what can we do using the tools we have?

Last edited by timhere1970; 08-18-2017 at 06:03 PM. Reason: 1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2017, 06:09 PM   #2
Rookie

mjd113's Arena

Re: CFM---Outside the box

Don't Scout until the week before the Draft. Total of 399 points.

Sim all gamplan trainings. I usually still focus on specific players. But I let the CPU pick the schemes and then sim it at the lowest level.

Those two things help even out the playing field for me with the CPU.

I also only do trades if they are offered to me. And basically almost ignore FA except for a few depth signings.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-18-2017, 06:11 PM   #3
Rookie

mjd113's Arena

Also considering trying to rebuild the Jets.

May have to turn off coach firings tho. No way I can get that team 7 wins in the first two seasons by simming. Yeesh.

Old 08-18-2017, 06:19 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd113
Don't Scout until the week before the Draft. Total of 399 points.

Sim all gamplan trainings. I usually still focus on specific players. But I let the CPU pick the schemes and then sim it at the lowest level.

Those two things help even out the playing field for me with the CPU.

I also only do trades if they are offered to me. And basically almost ignore FA except for a few depth signings.

Last year i did gameplan drills once and accepted that medal for the life of the franchise. That gave me the sense that i am better at teaching some things than others. I also went with whatever the predetermined choice was. I may try to come up with a system of applying xp each week based on what was taught in the gameplan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »