Home

How is your franchise going? Madden 18

This is a discussion on How is your franchise going? Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2017, 12:06 AM   #217
Pro

J_smith2190's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How is your franchise going? Madden 18

Offseason Year 1

Well - things didn't get off to a great start under Coach Smith. The Ravens struggled to a 5-11 record which was good enough for the 6th overall pick in the NFL Draft.

One good thing that happened over the course of the season was Rookie Free Agent, FB Sam Rogers made it to the Pro Bowl!

Players Resigned

TE Ben Watson - 1 Year $6.6M
HB Terrance West - 3 Years $15.3M
FB Sam Rogers - 6 Years $6.6M

Key Losses

ROLB Terrell Suggs *Retirement*
C Nick Mangold *Retirement*
HB Danny Woodhead *Retirement*
WR Mike Wallace *FA*
TE Crockett Gilmore *FA*

Free Agent Signings

LE Quinton Coples - 1 Year $5.16M (81 Overall)
TE Zach Miller - 1 Year $5.03M (80 Overall)
WR Paul Richardson - 3 Years $14.9M (79 Overall)
C John Sullivan - 1 Year $3.94M (79 Overall)
QB Case Keenum - 1 Year $5.18M (73 Overall)

NFL Draft

The Ravens made a huge deal on Day 1 of the draft, sending their 1st Round Pick (6th Overall) as well as their 3rd Round (70th Overall) to the Bills in exchange for the 28th and 29th picks of the NFL Draft. Would this deal end up hurting the young coach who pushed for it, or make him look like a genius?

Ravens Draft Recap
PickPlayerCollegePosHtWt
1/28Harold Landry (77 Overall)Boston CollegeROLB6'3''253
1/29Jordan Thomas (77 Overall)OklahomaCB6'0''192
2/6Mason Cole (77 Overall)MichiganC6'5''299
4/6Kenny Wilson (67 Overall)UtahRB6'3''234
5/6Kendall Joseph (78 Overall - Quick)ClemsonMLB6'0''230
6/6Anthony Hilton (64 Overall)AuburnWR5'11''172
7/6Barry Brees (60 Overall)SyracuseQB6'1''222

*All players drafted both this year and next year (on my team) that are higher than a 75 will be given real names of prospects*

Recap

Given the losses in both Free Agency and Retirement we suffered, I feel confident in the players that have been brought in, as well as what we've retained.

The decision to trade down in the draft was due to the players left on our board. Seeing the holes on the team, we did not want to over value any player and decided to try and grab two starters instead of one. There is a strong chance both Landry and Thomas spend the entire season starting - and the team has big hopes for both long term.

** Key Free Agents For 2018 **

MLB C.J. Mosley 91 Overall / 26 Years Old
DT Michael Pierce 89 Overall / 25 Years Old
TE Ben Watson 85 Overall / 37 Years Old
WR Jeremy Maclin 83 Overall / 30 Years Old
LE Quinton Coples 81 Overall / 28 Years Old
TE Zach Miller 80 Overall / 33 Years Old

(Aside from Mosley and Pierce - Should I try and retain Maclin or Coples? Both TE's will be gone due to age)

Phillies Fantasy Franchise - Opening Day

Last edited by J_smith2190; 09-24-2017 at 12:32 AM.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:48 AM   #218
Rookie

steve115658's Arena

OVR: 9

Year 2 of my Jets franchise. I went into the franchise super excited to play all of year 1. Then I started 1-5 and lost an overtime game (where Madden didn't let me get a drive after the opponent kicked a field goal? The commentary started acting like I was going to get a drive as the players walked of the field. ) Anyway after that I decided to sim the year.

Had a nice off-season ended up with the 1st and 8th pick but traded down to 6, got a star Julius peppers clone type olb that I moved to de and a 6'4" 88 speed prototype middle linebacker in the first round. I drafted a QB out of Clemson and a power running back in the second round, the qb would be the unquestioned starter from day one (83 overall!) And the running back would be the thunder to newly acquired Jerrick McKinnon's lightning. Biggest issue is that my receivers and tight ends barely changed other than taking a flyer on a receiving tight end in the 3rd round that was supposed to go in the 7th. He wound up a 72 overall with mediocre all around numbers but will still probably start for me since I wasn't over paying for will tye to stay on the team (regret it lol)

Anyway on to the new season I play the Pats week one and get killed. The rookie running back had 16 carries for 50 yards while the quarterback didn't make any mistakes (0 int) but also couldn't stretch the field and ended up only completing 48 percent of his passes for 220 yards before getting broken ribs in the 4th quarter. Week 2 and in comes Colin Kaepernick (I cut all my QBs after season one, god I hated them). To my surprise Kaepernick has come in and set the world on fire. He is 3-1 with his loss being a 3 point overtime loss to the Packers in which he pulled me out of a 21 point halftime hole. Granted his wins are against the Dolphins Browns and Dolphins again (ugh Madden scheduling lol) but he's looked very good! Also since I've been working the read option into my offense the rookie hb has really come into his own averaging nearly 6 yards per carry over the last 4 weeks. Now doctors have cleared my rookie to play coming out of the bye and I'm in quite a conundrum. Suggestions anyone?
Season 3: 16-3 Super Bowl Champions
Minnesota Vikings
Season 4: Coming soon
Old 09-24-2017, 03:46 AM   #219
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptunePirate
Is anyone else using SuperSim/Play the Moments in their CFM?
I usen Super Sim when playing as one of my players (But then too that's the only way you can play when you're player isn't on the field so that might not count )

Quote:
I've gone through a season and got completely thrashed on because of all the injuries that occurred on my team. I had 4-5 players out for 10+ weeks each, along with 3-4 more that were out for 5-6 weeks. All of this happened within the first 4 weeks of the season.
Yeah the overall injury count is a little unrealistic. EA really needs to fix this

BP
Old 09-25-2017, 02:23 AM   #220
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
Coach or Owner mode? I usually do coach. Owner mode seems like a lot of tedious stuff.
I like the tedious stuff> It's a power trip where the one who decides EVERYTHING from how much to charge fans for fries to how much to pay that Practice Squad player & I LOVE IT !!!

That's why I play Owner mode in my offliner CFM

And now that I also have an Avalanche Franchise in NHL 18, I have something to compare similar items to in Concessions & 5the Team Store, I can set prices for both whereas items are equally priced in both games

Of course, the fan feedback is more often than not DRAMATICALLY different, but what the heck ??

BP
Old 09-25-2017, 02:28 AM   #221
Rookie

Question Re: How is your franchise going? Madden 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTWiseGuy
I am in a pickle. I just started one with the Week 1 Rosters and I am tore between going on with my Bengals or started one with the Bills and play with Tyrod. HELP ME!
Why not go with BOTH ??

BP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2017, 04:05 AM   #222
Rookie

MrDemus's Arena

I have a dilemma on teams. Need help:

Browns - fun rebuild with cool, young players
49'ers - Rebuild with Beathard and great uniforms
Bears - rebuild a classical franchise
Chargers - new city. Give Rivers one last shot. Find Rivers 2.0
Jaguars - rise from the perpetual mediocrity
Saints - Great uniforms and a lot of holes on the roster. Find the new Brees
Eagles - franchise on the rise
Old 09-25-2017, 08:13 AM   #223
Rookie

WildHogz's Arena

I would choose the Eagles, They were my Madden 17 Franchise and It turned out to be my favorite franchise that I've done.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:42 PM   #224
MVP

jack1535's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1535
So finished yeah 1 with the Bills at 4-12. Good for the 2 ovr pick as 49ers went 2-14. Closed out the year with 2 loses to the Dolphins (who would finish 5-11 so big to lose those games). I also had the 23rd ovr pick from the Chiefs from the trade the Bills made in the 2017 draft. Also had an extra 2nd and extra 3rd from the Watkins and Darby trades.

49ers selected WR James Washington (I edited the entire first round to reflect real college players) and then I traded down with the Browns to 7th OVR which gave me their 2018 1st 2019 1st and 2018 2nd. Ended up taking Lamar Jackson (decided to name him that cause this QB was a mobile QB). Then at 23 I took Adonis Washington. Other draft picks include Ronnie Harrison at SS Equanimeous St.Brown and Royce Freeman at RB in the 4th hoping he can pan out to be either McCoys replacement or a speedy back up

Other notable picks

Dolphins- Sam Darnold
Browns- Mason Rudolph
Ravens- Josh Rosen
Saints- Luke Falk
Packers- Baker Mayfield

Only notable FA was Dustin Hopkins and he went back to Houston. Didn't even bother trying to sign him for the insane salary. Didn't get anyone big. Got Vince Wilfork out of retirement to be a 1 year signing until I can get a solid DT since Kyle Williams retired. Also brought back Mario Williams to back up Shaw Lawson and Jerry Hughes. I drafted a solid RG too but forgot who I named him after.

Started off the season 2-0 with a big 33-20 win over Miami. I was down 13-3 at half and scored 30 unanswered until they scored a garbage TD with 20 seconds left. Jackson threw for about 130 yards and McCoy struggled with only 54 yards. Micah Hyde also had a pick 6

Game 2 I beat GB 31-27. I was up 17-10 and gave up a safety and then they scored with the 2 PT conversion so I'm down 27-17. Got the ball with 1:54 and drove to score with 54 seconds and 2 timeouts left. Recovered the onside and then at my own 42 on 4th and 12 I got a PI called which moved me to their 35. 3rd and 12 after a drop and sack I get another PI called to bring me to the GB 12. Next play Lamar Jackson runs in for the TD to seal the deal. Micah Hyde had another pick 6 too.

Gonna go through tonight and rename more picks using the spreadsheet someone posted of the best prospects for the 2018,2019,2020 drafts.

Some other edits are made was changed Jared Goff's development from normal to quick. Made James Washington also quick. Along with Mike McGlinchey (drafted by Giants) Luke Falk and Baker Mayfield. Wanted to make sure they develop until solid players. Lamar Jackson is normal and since he's on my team I'm leaving him at normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Now sitting at 3-2 after beating the Browns 22-10 and then losing to the Jets 27-14 and the Colts 21-17. The Jets had Tyrod Taylor at QB (more on that later) and the Colts and Jacoby Brisset. Really just struggled to score despite not turning the ball over much in either game. McCoy has been struggling in every game other than the Colts.

So after game 3 I went into the bye week 3-0 and also made two trades.

Bills get:
2020 2nd, 5th, and 7th round pick

Jets Get:
Tyrod Taylor

Bills get
2020 2nd, 4th, and 7th round picks

Titans get
Richie Incognito

Incognito was getting old and had given up 5 sacks through 3 games and Taylor had no purpose with Lamar Jackson being the starter.

One bad part of this season is Cordy Glenn as he's given up 10 sacks so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »