Home

Sliders don't work???

This is a discussion on Sliders don't work??? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2017, 03:40 PM   #9
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Sliders don't work???

They work on my end...

I watched a game on All-Madden and neither team could get the run-game going, so I raised the CPU's run-blocking slider to 75 at halftime and both teams were able to run the ball in the 2nd-half.

I also watched a second game with the slider still at 75 and the holes were wide-open all game...the slider change was so effective I might have to scale it back a bit.

...so yea, the sliders are working.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:43 PM   #10
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

They work. I have played over 30CFM games and have been tinkering throughout.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:50 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
I'm not the greatest madden player ....so I adjust sliders and so far I've done a buncha different ways and nothing changes.

I've put cmp sliders on 0 for most things and the cmp still runs ball for 8 yards a carry and my defense is on 100 for pass coverage and run and every pass is completed with 0 catch and 25 accuracy?

I was looking forward to 18 but may just go back to 17... I even put the sliders I had for 17 into 18 and can't do nothing oline can't run block or pass protect.
you should not have to make drastic changes like that, you should be dropping down in difficulty instead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2017, 04:01 PM   #12
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
you should not have to make drastic changes like that, you should be dropping down in difficulty instead.
I started on all-pro....I dropped to pro and still saw same results the cmp could run and pass all over me but yet I couldn't get run game or passing going and pass rush was non factor on my side they had all day to pass.

In previous versions if I adjusted them...I could at least have competive games this yr looks like I'm a pee wee team trying play against nfl team.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:32 PM   #13
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0

I can 100% tell you some of the ones I've been working with make a difference. I'll let others argue about whether they make a difference *how* they want it to, but absolutely they matter.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 08-22-2017, 04:37 PM   #14
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

I just posted this in the impressions thread... But they definitely work!

As 2 recent posts have stated with penalty sliders and upping man coverage to 52 it seems EA spread the sliders out this year which is great! Small adjustments you can see a big difference. Although some still need bigger tweaks from testing like CPU accuracy... But still welcome addition spreading them out... I put man coverage and reaction at 55 and was like whoa on a few passes where M. Butler broke on a comeback route and almost picked it. 53-52 seemed like a sweet spot for realistic coverage in limited time for me... But big difference from 50-53.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:00 PM   #15
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I just posted this in the impressions thread... But they definitely work!

As 2 recent posts have stated with penalty sliders and upping man coverage to 52 it seems EA spread the sliders out this year which is great! Small adjustments you can see a big difference. Although some still need bigger tweaks from testing like CPU accuracy... But still welcome addition spreading them out... I put man coverage and reaction at 55 and was like whoa on a few passes where M. Butler broke on a comeback route and almost picked it. 53-52 seemed like a sweet spot for realistic coverage in limited time for me... But big difference from 50-53.
Guess imma have to keep testing then because with some set low the cmp shouldn't be able to hit broad side of barn let along catch every pass etc.

Testing a game now I'm up 14-7 against ravens in play now game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2017, 07:44 PM   #16
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
Guess imma have to keep testing then because with some set low the cmp shouldn't be able to hit broad side of barn let along catch every pass etc.

Testing a game now I'm up 14-7 against ravens in play now game.
the hum pass rush needs work every QB can sit in the pocket for 7-10 sec

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »