Home

Madden NFL 18: A Transition Year For The Franchise

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18: A Transition Year For The Franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2017, 04:41 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 18: A Transition Year For The Franchise

so as an offline coach mode cfm player, its not worth it on face value. the money is irrelevant i am fortunate to be able to throw £50 away but then im over 50 with no kids. so key questions:

1/ are formation subs any better
2/ are the playbooks better
3/ do custom playbooks work properly
4/ are the defensive issues (zone etc) that bad?

the graphics are not a reason for me to buy it, i have to play on the 20 inch tv most of the time as the bigger tv is being used by she who must be obeyed
Old 08-23-2017, 05:53 PM   #10
Rookie

thechef128's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
My Madden Priorities Broken Down By Percentage

Gameplay- 25%
Presentation- 5%
MUT- 0%
Longshot- 0%
Franchise- 70%

Effort Madden Put in to each Area

Gameplay- 40%
Presentation- 5% (New commentary)
MUT- 0%
Longshot- 40%
Franchise- 0%
NBA Live Franchise- 15%

These are not real numbers by any means, but that is what it looks like from the outside looking in.

I am an offline CFM guy only, and when Madden puts more effort in NBA Lives' Franchise, I can't help but feel a little disrespect.
Effort Madden Put in to each Area

Gameplay-15%
Presentation- 5% (New commentary)
MUT- 20%
Longshot- 60%
Franchise- 0%

Fixed
Old 08-23-2017, 07:38 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 8
Offline CFM player here. Will be skipping.

Still crossing my fingers that the crew over at OOTP get going with their Beyond the Sidelines game, that will be a true franchise mode for us single-player gamers.

I have less than ZERO interest in MUT and online (or Longshot for that matter), but that is now the key market demographic for EA, so therefore Madden I suspect will never truly cater to the single player offline franchise gamer again (unless NFL Head Coach makes a comeback).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2017, 09:30 PM   #12
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
EA are so intent on finding a new market to sell the game to that they're completely ignoring those that have loyally been purchasing the game for years. I hate exclusivity!

Couldn't possibly agree more.

I don't think a franchise overhaul is asking too much.

Just give me what I had in M2004. Very basic, stripped down, with progression/regression, ability to hire and fire coaches, a player draft and free agency.

I find it impossible to fathom in this day and age that is a massive, time consuming undertaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-23-2017, 09:34 PM   #13
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30
so from the looks of things I guess I better put my preorder on something else since franchise got no love.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:51 PM   #14
Rookie

mark24_7's Arena

As a 29 year old male who primarily plays sports video games, I think the time has finally come for me to realize that the aspects I once loved about sports games are quickly fading away. I've always been one for the franchise and MyLeague experiences. Personally, I have always had more fun creating a custom league and playing against the CPU or other human players within a season in which the wins matter within that one season. With the recent release of Madden 18 I felt robbed by EA. I've been playing Madden now for I don't even know how long and this year in particular I've noticed more about the EA company than ever before. In past articles EA has stated it isn't moving away from franchise modes and they're an integral part of the sports games. At this point, I feel like that was just a lie, every year it seems EA wants its consumers to pay more and more to enjoy the full benefits the game has to offer. Maybe I am just getting old and gaming is completely changing and I am one of the minorites that still like a good franchise mode. I know how many die-hard fans are playing online and that's what they prefer. After seeing absolutely not a single change in this year's franchise mode, which is well overdue for an overhaul, I cannot help but think of how well 2K implements it's franchise type modes and just hope this doesn't ever change. From my perspective it seems that EA has completely abandoned any improvements in this department to focus on other aspects of the game. This years gameplay is pretty much Madden 17 with a fresh coat of paint on it. I can't help but feel disappointment for this series and feel like I was robbed my hard earned cash for last year's same game. Maybe sports games just don't do it for me anymore or maybe EA just really dropped the ball. Here's to hoping 2K will once again, one day be able to acquire the NFL license. Until then, I'm stuck shelling out $65-$95 year after year in hopes of getting an improved product. So disappointed
Old 08-23-2017, 09:53 PM   #15
Rookie

mark24_7's Arena

^^^sorry for the rant but if you're a franchise mode gamer you'll probably want to read what I have to say and agree
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2017, 09:57 PM   #16
Rookie

ginix's Arena

Feels like every 4th year is a 'transition year'.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »