Home

Thoughts on Longshot?

This is a discussion on Thoughts on Longshot? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2017, 07:21 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Thoughts on Longshot?

I don't think I will ever finish it. It's just so terrible.

I don't mind that they tried. It could have been an added value. But it was was like Friday Night Lights dumbed down for, well, hell, I have no idea who this would be for.

Last edited by JayhawkerStL; 09-09-2017 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:22 PM   #58
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
I don't think I will ever finish it. It's just so terrible.

I don't mind that they tried. It could have been an added value. But it was was like Friday Night Lights dumbed down for, well, hell, I have no idea who this would be for.
This is for "little Timmy"...not geared toward sim or offline CFM people.
Having a variety of modes is a GOOD thing, but not when they come at the expense of gameplay. Apparently, gameplay has taken several steps back, and people are having to try to find so many ways just to make the game playable. Bad decision on EAs part, I would say.
Being the first year on a new engine, they should have focused on making sure what they had for Madden 17 worked properly on 18. But there appear to be a lot of broken elements carried over from OOTB last year, and a ton more new ones cropped up as well.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2017, 10:04 PM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
Having a variety of modes is a GOOD thing, but not when they come at the expense of gameplay. Apparently, gameplay has taken several steps back, and people are having to try to find so many ways just to make the game playable. Bad decision on EAs part, I would say.
Being the first year on a new engine, they should have focused on making sure what they had for Madden 17 worked properly on 18. But there appear to be a lot of broken elements carried over from OOTB last year, and a ton more new ones cropped up as well.

Look, I hate Long Shot and think it's an absolute waste of resources, but how can anyone say that gameplay has taken "several steps back"? I didn't play Madden 17 obsessively, but to me it's clear that 18's gameplay is far superior. That's not to say that it isn't still very messed up, of course. Every back runs the same, the tackle animations are still horrible, zones are still pretty bad, etc. But when my QB got injured and my backup came in, I didn't adjust my play style and boom -- 2 straight ducks right over the heads of my receivers. Run blocking is much improved, even though pulling blockers and FB's STILL -- my dear God, S-T-I-L-L -- leave you completely hung out to dry like a cruel joke.

Some stuff has been noticeably improved, while problems that have persisted for years are still there. However disappointing that is, it's not "taking several steps back".....

In the end, Long Shot didn't screw gameplay; it screwed CFM.
Old 09-10-2017, 12:45 AM   #60
Banned

Quote:
Is it about time we retired this nonsense? I don't think you realize how insecure this makes you look.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:16 AM   #61
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

SPOILERS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
There really is no choices. The only choice that effects the ending is whether you throw to Colt or Forsett. Everything else is pretty much meaningless.
Nice spoiler warning. Don't worry I fixed it for you by putting that above your post.

Although I don't know if I'll ever even try it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2017, 08:17 AM   #62
Pro

Im 60% through i love it however i know nothing happeens once youre drafted. Its too bad they coulsnr expand more, make that story lead into a career or somethin

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2017, 01:17 PM   #63
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:

Count me as a "Little Timmy" then. I am a die hard sim player and offline CFM guy, but I love Longshot. As for gameplay 18 is much better than 17.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:37 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Count me as a "Little Timmy" then. I am a die hard sim player and offline CFM guy, but I love Longshot. As for gameplay 18 is much better than 17.
We should start like a social media movement or something. Everyone post pictures of themselves holding signs that read #IamLittleTimmy

Last edited by ggsimmonds; 09-10-2017 at 01:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »