Home

Madden 18 CFM breaking glitch is back!

This is a discussion on Madden 18 CFM breaking glitch is back! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2017, 08:47 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Madden 18 CFM breaking glitch is back!

I dont know if maybe I am the only one that continually has the same problem every year but I never see anyone post about it.

When I start a franchise I use pre existing injuries so a few guys are already hurt. After a few games even more people on each team get hurt. Great, I love the realism of the injuries in the NFL. The problem is the CPU has no clue what IR is. They will have multiple players of the same position with multi week injuries yet they have not placed anyone on IR leaving their roster depleted. Sometimes it will be every QB but one which at this point the game just breaks even more making the final QB on the roster unaffected by injuries always leaving the team with a QB. Why even sign a backup if you know its impossible for your starter to go down.

Sorry if you actually made it reading this far. Rant over. Just tired of Madden selling the same crap every year. I could name umpteen other things that never get fixed just like everyone else but lets face it ill never stop buying the game every year until someone else steps up and makes a real NFL game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2017, 08:49 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Madden 18 CFM breaking glitch is back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking11
I dont know if maybe I am the only one that continually has the same problem every year but I never see anyone post about it.

When I start a franchise I use pre existing injuries so a few guys are already hurt. After a few games even more people on each team get hurt. Great, I love the realism of the injuries in the NFL. The problem is the CPU has no clue what IR is. They will have multiple players of the same position with multi week injuries yet they have not placed anyone on IR leaving their roster depleted. Sometimes it will be every QB but one which at this point the game just breaks even more making the final QB on the roster unaffected by injuries always leaving the team with a QB. Why even sign a backup if you know its impossible for your starter to go down.

Sorry if you actually made it reading this far. Rant over. Just tired of Madden selling the same crap every year. I could name umpteen other things that never get fixed just like everyone else but lets face it ill never stop buying the game every year until someone else steps up and makes a real NFL game.

I agree! If there is no IR then you cannot utilize his spot therefor you are short at that position! Ea should most definitely address this issue!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-26-2017, 08:55 PM   #3
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

I heard this was fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2017, 08:59 PM   #4
Banned

I just booted up a season using the Live setting. Went in to pre season week 1. Hit sim to mid season. Went thru all the teams injured list. About 2 or 3 guys in the whole league were on IR. Jets had 3 WR with multi week injuries leaving them with only 2 healthy for their game. Gave up after that
Old 08-26-2017, 10:15 PM   #5
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Millenium on the PressRow podcast said doing a franchise mode (and using pre-existing injuries ) is now fixed...last year, in CFM the players from year 1 IR would stay on IR in year 2......sounds like u have a diff glitch. Sorry to hear that

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2017, 12:59 AM   #6
Rookie

I noticed this last year. You should bring it to someone's attention if it's still in the game.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-27-2017, 02:18 AM   #7
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
Millenium on the PressRow podcast said doing a franchise mode (and using pre-existing injuries ) is now fixed...last year, in CFM the players from year 1 IR would stay on IR in year 2......sounds like u have a diff glitch. Sorry to hear that

Yeah, this one seems to be less a glitch and more an AI short coming, as it appears the CPU does not utilize IR enough.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:01 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

The CPU will not place someone on IR unless it's a season ender. Not a glitch, just the way IR works.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »