Home

Tired of all the sacks ? Please try this

This is a discussion on Tired of all the sacks ? Please try this within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2017, 03:39 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
Tired of all the sacks ? Please try this

Well as you can see, I haven't given up but I think I found something, Well at least it works for me. please feel free to try this and let me know if it works for you. This is for CPU.vs CPU, Coach mode and POTM players although it might work for users.

I was getting so many sacks a game, it just wasn't fun, So I decided to find out what all these sacks had in common. Ten games into my franchise, I decided to check the stats. I went to individual players, defense and checked the sack leaders. Out of the top 40 the first 6 were left and right ends, 8 were RE, 14 were LE. 3 were LLB, 9 were RLB and 7 were DT.

I wrote down all there attributes and compared them to each other, things like speed, power moves, Awareness, pursuit, etc.Things that I though would affect the positions. Logically many were the top overall rated players. The ratings varied, BUT, one thing stood out that nearly every one had in common.

28 out of those 40 players had yes for swim move, spin move, and bull rush. BUT 38 out of 40 players all had BULL RUSH marked YES.

So for my next game against the Titian's I simply went into their roster and closed the Bull rush on their starting L,and R linebackers their starting R and L ends and left the DT alone. It has been a complete game changer for me. At the end of the game I return them to there original traits. It could be just a fluke or luck but in my next three games I never had more than 6 sacks total in one game where before I was getting anywhere from 6 to 12 per game. Even screen plays seem to be working now, It has also opened up the running game. I'm not losing 2 yds consistently. As a matter of fact, I might have to readjust my sliders.

I can't promise it will work for you, But what have you got to lose? it's worth a try and I would love to know your results. It's not a cure all, but until a patch comes out. Just give it a try. I hope it works for you or at least helps a little. Good luck..

Last edited by CleveCluby; 09-01-2017 at 10:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2017, 05:10 AM   #2
MVP

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tired of all the sacks ? Please try this

Could be the issue. The qb traits seem to be the issue that contributes to the statue qb. Developers are looking into the qb traits. Hopefully they look at this as well

Sent from my SM-G935P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-01-2017, 10:30 AM   #3
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

I'll start helping test this today. JoshC/Sword your thoughts?
Old 09-01-2017, 11:04 AM   #4
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
Could be the issue. The qb traits seem to be the issue that contributes to the statue qb. Developers are looking into the qb traits. Hopefully they look at this as well

Sent from my SM-G935P using Operation Sports mobile app
Not sure if anybody noticed this about qb traits if u mark throw away ball to no the qb's lose 2 overall points....not sure why that happens when u change a trait.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:08 AM   #5
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
Not sure if anybody noticed this about qb traits if u mark throw away ball to no the qb's lose 2 overall points....not sure why that happens when u change a trait.
It's because it probably lowers their AWR rating which heavily affects OVR rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2017, 11:15 AM   #6
Rookie

Yet once again, gamers are stuck with spending hours and hours testing how to fix EAs issues.

This is where you get mad... when they post the "leaked" videos of people playing the game, almost every single person commented on how long QBs stood in the pocket and EA said "so what... we'll release the game anyway because we can."
Old 09-01-2017, 12:16 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I'll start helping test this today. JoshC/Sword your thoughts?
Thank You. I'm looking forward to your results. Hope it works as well for you as it did for me.

Yet once again, gamers are stuck with spending hours and hours testing how to fix EAs issues.

( QUOTE ) This is where you get mad... when they post the "leaked" videos of people playing the game, almost every single person commented on how long QBs stood in the pocket and EA said "so what... we'll release the game anyway because we can."

I couldn't agree more. But if it works, it only takes a couple of minutes,and it's worth it. I don't do every team, Just the ones that I am playing, then at the end of the game I put them back to there original traits, that way it won't change the simmed games.

This is still a work in progress and more testing is needed. The game will never be perfect but I just want to play a fun game that at least looks and feels a little bit like FB.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:23 PM   #8
Pro

Devaster's Arena

I know you mentioned this is only CPU vs CPU, but does this also happen in user games you play against the CPU? I don't user the DLine at all, but I don't want them running wild either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »