Home

Gameplay feels stiff...unresponsive

This is a discussion on Gameplay feels stiff...unresponsive within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2017, 10:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Gameplay feels stiff...unresponsive

Hello fellas. If this post should be under a sticky I apologize. I didn't really see one that fit well.

I'm a little underwhelmed with game play this year (Xbox One, strictly online). I'm currently 8-1 so it's not that I'm losing and the graphics are fine, but player responsiveness to the controller seems a bit slow. Almost like I don't have total control of my players because there is about a .2 second lag between button press and reaction. A staple of my game is user controlled defense and taking control of DB's and getting user picks but in those 9 games this year I've only had 2 so far whereas last year I was pretty consistent with at least one per game. Same goes for on offense and trying user catches. Just seems like player doesn't react as quick. Tackling is tougher too because of this.

Additionally, as referenced in several other posts, it's way too easy to move the ball downfield passing. I find myself actually picking plays that DON'T work as well just to slow myself down and make games more realistic. Likewise, trying to stop a good passing playing is near impossible. You almost have to sit in a quarter zone and rush 3 to have any shot.

Anyways...who knows...maybe it's just the usual new game learning curve I'm experiencing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2017, 01:22 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Gameplay feels stiff...unresponsive

Probably best to post in the Retail Impressions thread.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkmoney11
Hello fellas. If this post should be under a sticky I apologize. I didn't really see one that fit well.

I'm a little underwhelmed with game play this year (Xbox One, strictly online). I'm currently 8-1 so it's not that I'm losing and the graphics are fine, but player responsiveness to the controller seems a bit slow. Almost like I don't have total control of my players because there is about a .2 second lag between button press and reaction. A staple of my game is user controlled defense and taking control of DB's and getting user picks but in those 9 games this year I've only had 2 so far whereas last year I was pretty consistent with at least one per game. Same goes for on offense and trying user catches. Just seems like player doesn't react as quick. Tackling is tougher too because of this.

Additionally, as referenced in several other posts, it's way too easy to move the ball downfield passing. I find myself actually picking plays that DON'T work as well just to slow myself down and make games more realistic. Likewise, trying to stop a good passing playing is near impossible. You almost have to sit in a quarter zone and rush 3 to have any shot.

Anyways...who knows...maybe it's just the usual new game learning curve I'm experiencing.
What skill level and game mode are you playing with?
Old 09-02-2017, 10:36 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyraymond23
What skill level and game mode are you playing with?
Online...competitive

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »