Home

Is the patch going to solve all the problems?

This is a discussion on Is the patch going to solve all the problems? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 09:41 PM   #1
Rookie

peki's Arena

OVR: 1
Is the patch going to solve all the problems?

It has been two weeks since Madden 18 came out, and pretty much every hardcore sim gamer and Madden fan needed no more than a day or two to get to the point where asking a following question is inevitable:

"When's the patch coming out?"

From broken zone plays, bad pass rush play, broken formation subs, non-sticking kicking stats and non existant fumble recovery stats to serious bugs like bad down counts and wrong ball placement. It seemed from day 1 that this game was unfinished and definitely not tested enough to be classified as a finished product.

But, with games becoming more and more complicated, that has become a norm, and waiting for the initial patch is something completely expected.

The thing that makes me wonder, based on my experience with EA that goes all the way back to FIFA world cup 98, will the patch actually solve the issues?

Things like kicking stats and formation subs were not fixed last year, even after they were reported so many times. It seems like EA doesn't really care about those "nuances" that actually are very important for us gamers.

Also, it makes me wonder if they actually know how to fix those things?

Because other than that, I can't explain why are they not fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2017, 09:53 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Is the patch going to solve all the problems?

The patch will be out whenever it's out and it will include a list of fixes and adjustments. It will probably not exhaustively address every last concern of every member of the Madden community and that is an unrealistic expectation.

That said, until we actually have a patch and patch notes alongside it, there is nothing worth discussing. As such I'm locking this thread.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »