Home

Is there any way to genuinely increase DT push in the pocket ?

This is a discussion on Is there any way to genuinely increase DT push in the pocket ? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2017, 10:58 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Is there any way to genuinely increase DT push in the pocket ?

I see some new animations, but still not enough realistic flow.
Does editing any traits or ratings even do any thing ?
I see OL strength still means nothing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2017, 08:57 AM   #2
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Is there any way to genuinely increase DT push in the pocket ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prilosec

Yes believe it or not it's the coverage audible, " cover outside" gets pass rush going and stops Qb rollouts..give it a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2017, 10:34 AM   #3
Banned

I tried it and saw nothing different.
Maybe I am blind.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:29 PM   #4
Rookie

No. 10 char
Old 09-07-2017, 02:38 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prilosec

This is my main issue with the game. Lack of interior dline push. I'm testing different settings / ratings to create more 'engaged surge' instead of sink or swim interactions. This fix alone would make the game much more realistic and enjoyable for me. I'll let you know if I crack the code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2017, 02:52 PM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I am getting plenty of DL push with Mike Daniels. He is one of the best DL's out there, so, ratings matter.

If you are going up vs a strong OL, forget about it, but if you are going up vs a weaker OL, you might have some success.

Also, try using coaching adjustments with pass rush on aggressive. You will take a risk using this feature with more offside penalties. Mike Daniels has jumped off plenty of times, but I feel the reward is greater than the risk.

Before the game starts, I'll now look at all the key skill positions on defense and see where I can attack. I never did that before Madden 18

Last edited by roadman; 09-07-2017 at 02:54 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:28 PM   #7
Banned

I wonder if we could break up threads between those that are screwing with tons of sliders and those of us that are running mostly default. Because it feels more and more like default is where it's at.

And while default is not perfect, it does create a great fair game.

But I keep seeing threads full of people with problems, but no mention of what their sliders are. And I think this year, more than ever, sliders seem to be for difficulty, not realism adjustments. I think there are a ton of guys that see something not right, and they proceed to destroy their game changing everything.

One of the advantages of playing on default settings is that when changes are made, you really do see them. Even if the slider guys revert when a patch comes out, they have still been comparing a totally different game than everyone else.

The other thing that moving to default sliders does is allow you to play with some acceptance that not everything is perfect. Instead of adjusting sliders to run better, learn to get skinny through the line, to avoid the sprint trigger, and to patiently wait for holes to develop.

But slider folks operate from the viewpoint that they are experts. So they don't use the tools of the game. They see every problem as a slider nail that needs to be hit with a slider hammer.

At this point, the threads are frustrating, because they are being dominated by minority of grumpy gamers that had been arming for war ever since EA decided to release gameplay videos so late. I see very little objectivity.

As for this topic, I am seeing no problem with how the DT gets a push, although I am controlling him most of the time. I also run QB contain on those scrambling QBs to print them getting out of the pocket.

With how the game no longer moves LBs and DBs at the snap, it feels like the intention is for the user to start at DL, then swap out. I usually start with a the DT, although I will look for a match-up on the line that I can win at. Then I swap to the DL closest to the QB to get some pressure. Then I swap out to a DB and try to make a play.

I'm holding QBs to reasonable completion %'s, and getting reasonable pressure on the QB. Stopping the run can be hard. No longer can you just dive and tackle with ease. You will juked, and breaking tackles is a real thing now.

I'm getting competitive good games, and the gameplay is visceral. I feel like I am part of the action. Sucks that others can't find that balance.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:28 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 19

The OL basically consist of two units.
1) C/G's
2) T's

C/G's decide "Depth" of Pocket.
T's decide "Width".

The issue is that blocking formulas for C/G's (3 players) are always calculated against 1-2 Def players.
- there's no 1on1, player against player, but against the 3 man unit.

The Bull Rush animation is there and we see it from time to time, but because it's base on the 3 man unit, this units formulas seem to override the threshold from triggering the animation consistently.
- you can see the Bull Rush animation get stopped midway through the animation often due to the programming as a group.

Brought this up to Clint and he said it's something he's working on.
It has something to due with foundational build/code of the OL.
- OL is the only POS that players don't operate on an "individual" bases because of blocking formations/schemes/targeting protocols that must be followed for blocking in general to function.

- same issue that Kick Return suffers from.

There are some Rating edits to help in this area though.

A) STR rating
1) 90+ for OL helps them to "hold" their interaction with the def player longer as the Delta is increased to favor them. (Just like MCV vs RTE)
- 70 & below STR for DL really helps minimize your eyes noticing the lack of push against the 3 man unit as their effort to stay interacted with the DL is greatly increased

- if Delta is too big, def Player will not disengage from OL, even if they're behind the QB.

B) AGL rating
1) 99, that's right!!!
- A Donald's need this so their "moves animate at a faster speed", which is what this rating does

-with the STR edit above forcing OL to stay in an interaction longer, this edit will make the DL really fight to get away from that interaction.

These edits help minimize the eyesore of lack of push up the middle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »