Home

Are our voices being heard?

This is a discussion on Are our voices being heard? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2017, 08:41 AM   #17
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Are our voices being heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelR2000
I have also hoped for a Madden that depicted the NFL. Let's be real hear, they could make the game we sim gamers want. Not gonna happen. To many other money grabbing priorities they are counting on.. It isn't like they havn't had tons of references, such as, a game they were so scared of they paid millions to eliminate. Examples from us, game changers, the NFL itself shows them how to present a game. Hell If it wasn't for one of our own at OS, the uniforms would still be screwed up annually. (Kane)

What EA has forgotten is we first and foremost are football fans, who also love video games. Some of us only play sports video games. I love the NFL. The NFL and my team I follow religiously. I would love to have a video game that depicted the sport better, but EA has no passion, as a matter a fact they use our passion against us. They finally went off the rails enough to allow me to finally keep my money in my pocket then spend it on their version of football with a MUT team and a movie. I look forward to see how well Madden 18 sells. If it does well, and it probably will, I guess I will know my Madden days are in the past probably for good.
You and are on the exact same page, in the exact same paragraph, in the exact same sentence on this one.

I know we are not the only people who feels this way about the current state of Madden and holding our money until they put effort and passion back into this game.

Madden loses nothing by making a more in depth franchise mode. The people who are upset about the state of Madden are the diehard football and sports gamer fans, because they care and they are passionate about the progress of this game.

Most casual fans could care less about the depth of this game, because as a casual fan, you are only going to play the game for a couple of weeks until 2K, CoD, Battlefront, or whatever the next hot game is comes out. There are the people who will buy the new Madden each season just because it has a different number on the end of it. So regardless, Madden is going to make money, no matter how little of effort they put into the game and they know that.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:43 AM   #18
Just started!

Request a Refund. The game is defective and covered under the EA Games Manufacturer Warranty. You may have to fight, but you can ultimately get your money back.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:24 AM   #19
MVP

To answer the question in the title, yes. Beyond that it is a little more complicated.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:26 AM   #20
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
What if every bit of telemetry they have received tells them that the deeper franchise mode gets, the less people engage with their game? Should they listen to the sim crowd anyway?

I expect EA, like I expect any company, like I expect any consumer, to act in their own self-interest. Design decisions do not come out of thin air. They are doing what any good sim gamer would do. They are looking at data and adjusting their strategies to achieve maximum effect.

I don't really know what their telemetry tells them. I don't believe they have a personal vendetta against sim gamers. But they sure do find other modes to spend more time on, to evolve more. They seem to honestly believe that catering to the sim gamer crowd is not a ticket to more sales, and might even hurt sales.

You can bring up any other game and make arguments that 2K cares about the sim gamer more, but you are going apples and oranges. Every sport has so many different variables that you need to apply a different set of goals to each sport.

There is such a thing as sim enough. That point is different for everyone. You can go too sim, and start losing folks at the one end. You can be no near sim enough, and you start losing people from the other end. How many customers exist at each end, and where they start losing and adding customers is where they ought to aim.

I think they are listening to their entire audience at all times.
This here. Exactly to the tee.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2017, 11:45 AM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefundMyMadden
Request a Refund. The game is defective and covered under the EA Games Manufacturer Warranty. You may have to fight, but you can ultimately get your money back.

Ironically, most of the most vocal critics of the game don't actually own it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 05:26 PM   #22
Rookie

I purchase this game every year and every year I enjoy it, but it hurts to see the same recurring anomalies that were present on the 360. What I believe to be simple fixes. Anyhow, do they listen to us and these forums? They could most likely care less. Its about the almighty dollar and that's MUT now. MUT is a cash cow. The developers may ask for more, but if it bears a cost to the investor, it will be shut down quickly. Yeah, they got the new frostbite engine, it looks wonderful IMO and more detailed, but a lot of the gameplay is a cut and paste from '17.
I have been working with the same company for close to 15 years now. We were at the top of our game, tops in customer satisfaction. The company went public, the game changed, its all about the investors now. Customer service went in the gutter, organizational "restructuring" because the previous CEO and team were "too giving". Now we nickel and dime our customers, and give crap service. At the end of the day, the stock is green and that's all they care about.
Just my $.02.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »