Home

Question: would you pay extra for enhanced CFM?

This is a discussion on Question: would you pay extra for enhanced CFM? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you pay extra for enhanced CFM?
Yes 51 47.22%
No 57 52.78%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2017, 12:36 AM   #33
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Question: would you pay extra for enhanced CFM?

How much is an xbox one x game gonna cost?

Anyhow yeah i would. Id also pay for uniforms, equipment, etc if it pertained.

I have other hobbies, and you can spend thousands on aftermarket parts not included in the kit, why should this be different theese days?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

Last edited by BadAssHskr; 09-17-2017 at 12:38 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:38 AM   #34
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Don't give them ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2017, 12:42 AM   #35
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Don't give them ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have uncovered my hidden agenda!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2017, 01:07 AM   #36
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
Here's something I wish everyone understood and admitted out loud:

EA Sports does not now, and has not for quite some time, made a football game that is designed to replicate the NFL. Let me say that again. EA Sports makes a football game. It is licensed by the NFL. It does not, however, make a serious attempt to replicate the NFL as it pertains to playing, coaching, GM'ing, or being an owner.

EA intentionally makes the game they make.
I totally agree with what you're saying, and it leads to me to one simple question. Why? Why does the EA feel like the game needs to be "arcadey" to draw in and keep customers? FIFA (basketball on grass) is guilty of this too. I watch 2K18, and it looks damn close to NBA play. I pop in The Show, and I get really good simulation baseball. I don't think these games are losing customers for being too sim. Maybe I'm wrong.

I get that there are people who do want that non-sim, arcade, fantasy football type game, but that's what options and sliders are for. If someone wants to throw for 500 yards a game, let them turn down sliders. If they don't want penalties killing their drives, let them turn them off. Hell, make all that stuff presets in the Arcade play style. The game shouldn't be built to cater to the arcade crowd, forcing sim players to perpetually adjust sliders. The game should replicate the real NFL, and let the arcade players tinker it to their liking.

In regards to the poll, there's no way I'd pay extra for features which should already be in CFM anyway. No chance at all. If that ever happened, I'd boycott the game entirely.
Old 09-17-2017, 04:56 AM   #37
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
Simple question: If EA told all the sim players that it's working on a DLC to improve and enhance CFM, would you pay for it? Say $10 or so?

Not trying to throw more wood on the fire here, but MUT players don't seem to mind. How about sim players?
Need more specifics. For 16% price increase it better be a pretty good enhancement. Customized uniforms with importable graphics, custom schedules.
Old 09-17-2017, 05:39 AM   #38
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Nah. If they hadn't let me go, I'd have designed the CFM ya'll dream of. See, I know math, it's pretty cool. Makes it so progression works (see Madden 12 progression, that's all me). Once a single jerk with no understanding of basic math decides you're a threat, you're screwed.

If there's an engineer or two who can crack this CFM save and get it reloaded (goddamn checksum), let me know. We can create the best damn franchise mode ever made.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 09-17-2017 at 06:05 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 07:20 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

If, I had to shill out extra money for better CFM, it would need to be at least 10x better than what any other game has ever had combined.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:05 AM   #40
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas

I always look at what has happened to a game like CoD and don't want to see that happen to Madden. Back before microtransactions took over you'd have games on 2-year dev cycles with 16 maps and upwards of 40 weapons at launch. Circle back to today and those games are now on a 3-year dev cycle and launching with 12 maps and just over 30 weapons at release. And then on top of that these games are also launching without standard features that have been in the game for years prior and don't end up making it in until months into the games lifespan. Meanwhile, a month or two into the game they're pushing out content updates with a couple game altering weapons alongside hundreds of worthless camos and other items of undeniably poor quality to dilute the pool and make the chances of getting anything of any kind of value more unlikely.

So Madden could introduce something like a team relocation package DLC for CFM and come up with new uniforms, custom stadiums, etc. and charge for it and no matter what, people are going to buy it. But then what happens? Does that money go back into actually making CFM better and more in-depth? Or does it come back around the next year to making new flashier uniforms and bigger better stadiums to encourage more people to buy those?

They're going to follow the money. Then maybe a couple years down the road they're removing the current options to relocate and forcing you to buy these packages if you want to relocate. It's a slippery slope
and Madden, and specifically CFM, is no where near the quality level for me to want to see that kind of thing happen. Most of what I want in CFM isn't anything "extra," it's more of following the basic model of the actual NFL that I feel like should be standard for any NFL franchise mode so if they tried to get me to pay for that, especially with the current state that CFM is in, I'd have a good laugh and happily keep my money.
Yes , this is the thing all the people saying its simple just give us unis, stadiums, etc simple things for us to buy to put money back into cfm...... it will be great.....

But the reality it , its not going to be. Just what you mentioned above is proof positive, once you allow micros in , thats what happens.As so many love to point out , they are a business trying to make money ( like somehow they are not making a killing on madden already). What i find funny is, these same people must think making the unis, stadiums and everything else they put into a cfm micro packaging is free, but its is going to guess what.... cost them more money in dev of CFM . As you pointed out, if they see people spend on it, then they will keep spending more money to add new things to try to get you to buy. Its a never ending cycle once you open that door.

Not to mention over time that price will rise. Originally micros were coming out as 5-10$ things, then 15 , now season passes of 50-60. People are very short minded in wishing this on CFM, and the only thing it will make better is , more options of things to buy in CFM. If they are making as much money right now as they are off madden, what makes you think giving them 10 million more( thats not even like 5-6 months of MUT income) will really improve CFM that much? They still only have 1 year ( not even that ) to make it for next year. The extra money will go into funding more options to buy in CFM not making new features that work properly at launch. But if you guys want to wish on that purple unicorn , riding on a rainbow, then by all means go for it, but just know you were warned of what would happen if you open that door.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 09-17-2017 at 10:08 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »