Home

The epitome of cheesy MUT players

This is a discussion on The epitome of cheesy MUT players within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2017, 12:01 AM   #1
Rookie

GreenLegend37's Arena

OVR: 12
The epitome of cheesy MUT players

Long story short --- three-straight 4th Q fumbles, and those help him score 32 points. He did everything imaginable in the game. Going for it on 4th & long, going for 2, etc.

Naturally, he got rewarded for playing like this. But the final PAT he decided to do this. At first I was like...wtf? And then I just LOL'd because of course he did.

Why do some guys play like this? I really don't get it. I thought I was playing sim style. Guess not.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Leaving%201...sgreenparakeet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 12:12 AM   #2
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The epitome of cheesy MUT players

I mean, at the end of the day, the person spent their money to play the game they way they want. I don't mean that in a negative way or anything either.

When I'm in MUT, AS SOON, as I see same play calls, no huddle, going on 4th, etc I just turned n on chew clock. And take up the whole half running and throwing short.

The real issue imo is Madden doesn't have the "fair play" setting in MUT. I frequent MUThead for related updates, so I KNOW there are people that love MUT and don't play janky

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by Datninja619; 09-20-2017 at 12:14 AM.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:19 AM   #3
Rookie

GreenLegend37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
I mean, at the end of the day, the person spent their money to play the game they way they want. I don't mean that in a negative way or anything either.

When I'm in MUT, AS SOON, as I see same play calls, no huddle, going on 4th, etc I just turned n on chew clock. And take up the whole half running and throwing short.

The real issue imo is Madden doesn't have the "fair play" setting in MUT. I frequent MUThead for related updates, so I KNOW there are people that love MUT and don't play janky

I've been playing this game online for a decade and have never understood it. You're right, they can do whatever tf they want, but it can become monotonous -- the same thing over and over again
Old 09-20-2017, 12:21 AM   #4
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLegend37
I've been playing this game online for a decade and have never understood it. You're right, they can do whatever tf they want, but it can become monotonous -- the same thing over and over again
I totally agree. If anyone ever sent me a nastygram about clocking in the 1st, I plan on responding "Stop running the same 3 plays".

Basically they are wasting my time, so I'm gonna end the game as quick as possible.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:26 AM   #5
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
I totally agree. If anyone ever sent me a nastygram about clocking in the 1st, I plan on responding "Stop running the same 3 plays".

Basically they are wasting my time, so I'm gonna end the game as quick as possible.

I agree, although once I see them running the same plays over and over I just able to get my user stats. But what makes it enjoyable is having them quit. I start doing random blitzes from different looks, and i promise you they eventually quit.

However i don't play MUT i usually play Online H2H.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 11:24 AM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Did you consider using the Conservative ballcarrier coach adjustment to mitigate the fumbles? The game gives you tools to counter anything your opponent throws at you.

If your opponent is only running three plays he shouldn't be that hard to stop, and if your opponent is consistently converting 4th and longs against your defense I don't see how that's his fault. It's not "sim", no, but the Madden online general population hasn't cared about "sim" in two decades.

That last play is just the dude being obnoxious though, lol.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:31 PM   #7
Rookie

GreenLegend37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Did you consider using the Conservative ballcarrier coach adjustment to mitigate the fumbles? The game gives you tools to counter anything your opponent throws at you.

If your opponent is only running three plays he shouldn't be that hard to stop, and if your opponent is consistently converting 4th and longs against your defense I don't see how that's his fault. It's not "sim", no, but the Madden online general population hasn't cared about "sim" in two decades.

That last play is just the dude being obnoxious though, lol.
As embarrassing as it is to admit this, I did not know you could make so many coaching adjustments in online play. I thought it was only an offline thing. No wonder some guys had all day to throw and my defense was being extremely conservative. Makes sense now.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:21 PM   #8
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLegend37
As embarrassing as it is to admit this, I did not know you could make so many coaching adjustments in online play. I thought it was only an offline thing. No wonder some guys had all day to throw and my defense was being extremely conservative. Makes sense now.
It's okay! You are one of today's ten thousand.

The coaching adjustments indeed make a world of difference, and if you don't know about them, or how to counter them, then you're gonna be in trouble. For example, using the fake snap is actually a thing you can do now to slow down the Aggressive pass rush setting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »