Home

Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Patch Notes Included within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2017, 11:24 AM   #49
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 18 Patch Available Now, Patch Notes Included

Exactly why I bought a disc version. Can't wait to trade this game in.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:27 AM   #50
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I think we have to flood them with tweets. I'll take a generic response because at least thats a response. At this point, its a test to see if they will even do the smallest amount to address this community.

The Live sales are low so I doubt they will put more resources into it.
Retweets and likes too.

I just tweeted Clint about an hour ago and Rex just now.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:28 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I guess we should also test the game and make sure it hasn't changed, and just wasn't listed. I'll go do that and report back.

Thank you! Can you also please see if some of the changes like the new equipemt, face scans etc went through without restarting your online franchise.

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2017, 11:31 AM   #52
Banned

OVR: 0

Are zones still not fixed ?
Old 10-09-2017, 11:38 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 0
The only thing (well, the main thing) I wanted to see fixed was the "in sim, players tend to play to their real life ratings" lie. I feel like that was the only reason I bought the game. They duped me once again.

Next year, they will say "we made changes to sim mode where players really, really REALLY will play to their ratings. We mean it this time" and dummy be will buy again.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:50 AM   #54
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
That's a great point aholbert. If they came out and said, "as a developer we've determined the direction for Madden is to prioritize building the title for esports, and our primary focus will be on achieving that aspect of the title." That would help me make my purchasing decision a lot easier.

I wish we could get any sort of explanation on why QBs play like they do, and why it can't be fixed, or why it is not a priority to fix.

That’s exactly why they won’t come out and say that. They don’t want to make your purchasing decision easy. There is enough revenue at stake with franchise players to make time for lip service, false promises, and even the development of cosmetic/visual features such as sim mode (which has little functionality). The strategy is to keep franchise players engaged, interested, and hopeful for franchise improvements so they purchase at launch. It’s one giant dangling carrot. It’s glaringly obvious. I’ve given them enough time, leeway, and patience to prove otherwise but it just hasn’t happened. I’ll do my best to resist the hype and urge to buy on launch day next year.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 10-09-2017, 11:52 AM   #55
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I literally have not played Madden in over a month waiting for the patch and to my dismay this is what we receive. Guess I'll give it a shot but if nothing really changed in CFM it will continue to collect dust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2017, 11:53 AM   #56
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Still inconclusive from testing. I feel like I'm seeing more movement out of the pocket and more realistic throws from rolling out as opposed to going for the los and then throwing across body, but it could be the sample size. Haven't seen any scrambles from Wilson, Mariota, or Cam, but it may be a context thing, as I haven't really generated the kind of pressure to warrant it. Boy are QBs accurate.

EDIT: What I can say is that at no point do I feel I need to use QB spy or contain. It's not something I feel worried about, and QBs have passed up easy yards in order to try and force a pass.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 10-09-2017 at 11:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »