Home

PS4 Pro Issues

This is a discussion on PS4 Pro Issues within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2017, 08:41 PM   #1
Rookie

Kwarren3's Arena

OVR: 0
PS4 Pro Issues

I just upgraded to a PS4 Pro and I’ve noticed Madden 18 unfortunately is inferior to when I had my PS4. I have a 4K TV, not a fancy expensive one but it technically is a 4K. It does NOT have HDR(not sure how important that it). It seems to me the issue is frame rate. The game seems choppy and not even close to as smooth as it was on my regular PS4. I’ve seen some posts in the past about PS4 Pro issues but I never payed attention to them since I didn’t own one. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there some kind of setting in my TV or PS4 Pro that could help this? I feel like it’s strictly a madden issue because I’ve also played Uncharted 4 on the Pro and it was gorgeous. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m really bummed out right now because madden is what I play 70% of the time and it’s really hard to do at the moment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2017, 08:45 PM   #2
Rookie

oneHova's Arena

Re: PS4 Pro Issues

Just play in 1080p on whatever "technically 4K" TV you're using. I guarantee it will fix all the problems you've stated above. Only due to the fact that an HDR game can't run correctly at 4K without an HDR compatible display, even if it's still 4K TV.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2017, 04:03 AM   #3
Rookie

I have also the PS4 Pro, my TV has 4K as well, but also no HDR.
Makes no difference mate, just that you cannot use HDR. I play it on 2160p.

Did you switch to GAME MODE on your new TV?

Otherwise I cannot complain, Madden runs smooth as hell.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:52 PM   #4
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwarren3
I just upgraded to a PS4 Pro and I’ve noticed Madden 18 unfortunately is inferior to when I had my PS4. I have a 4K TV, not a fancy expensive one but it technically is a 4K. It does NOT have HDR(not sure how important that it). It seems to me the issue is frame rate. The game seems choppy and not even close to as smooth as it was on my regular PS4. I’ve seen some posts in the past about PS4 Pro issues but I never payed attention to them since I didn’t own one. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there some kind of setting in my TV or PS4 Pro that could help this? I feel like it’s strictly a madden issue because I’ve also played Uncharted 4 on the Pro and it was gorgeous. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m really bummed out right now because madden is what I play 70% of the time and it’s really hard to do at the moment.
Is Madden fully patched? They released a patch to fix the framerate issues on PS4 pro
Old 10-16-2017, 01:12 PM   #5
Rookie

Kwarren3's Arena

Thanks for the responses. Game mode on the TV definitely helped. But it still seems a little... I don't know, off. I tried changing the output back to 1080 and it didn't make a difference. I'm 99% sure the latest patch is downloaded but I will double check when I get home.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2017, 12:10 AM   #6
MVP

prey2god's Arena

It's only on Madden. Believe you me. I have a 65" 4K top of the line Samsung and same issue is occurring.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:11 AM   #7
MVP

Houston's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwarren3
Thanks for the responses. Game mode on the TV definitely helped. But it still seems a little... I don't know, off. I tried changing the output back to 1080 and it didn't make a difference. I'm 99% sure the latest patch is downloaded but I will double check when I get home.
Make sure your plugged into HDMI 1 on the back of your TV? and on the PS4 under the video settings change them all to automatic.

I also on my TV settings put it in sports mode instead of game mode and turn on AUTO MOTION PLUS to AUTO for sports game and it plays and looks fabulous!!

Hope this helps someone.

I have a 65" Samsung Curve 4K TV with HDR capabilities. I am on the PS4 slim I haven't upgraded to the PRO yet but with the settings I mention still looks pretty darn good.

Old 10-17-2017, 10:42 AM   #8
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

I have both reg and pro....and not sure what it was but on the reg ps4....madden was a hot mess....with all frame rate issues with replays and seemed like players were running in mud.

I play it on the pro and its like 2 different games....not sure if it was the updates that fixed frame rate and replays but I don't see any frame rate issues and I don't see players running in mud.

I have a vizio 55 inch 4k tv and everything set to what ppl have said in the HDR thread and think madden looks good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »