Home

Lack of play variety makes every playbook feel samey

This is a discussion on Lack of play variety makes every playbook feel samey within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2017, 08:42 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Lack of play variety makes every playbook feel samey

I noticed this year more than previous years that a ton of plays are missing from the game that used to provide variety.

Last year and years before I would always find a Tyrek Hill like WR and use Jet Sweeps and PA Jet sweeps in my offense, but almost all of the Jet Sweeps are gone. Furthermore whatever happened to the QB wrap? A lot of the QB power plays are gone. The Inverted Veer is impossible to read consistently, etc.

Were these plays removed to make room for new plays (which seems...silly) or were they removed because online players were exploiting them?

Is anyone else wanting a campaign to get them back?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2017, 05:38 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Lack of play variety makes every playbook feel samey

I think that even worse than the offensive variety is that of the defense. You can use a 4-3 playbook, a 3-4 playbook, or a 4-3 playbook with a coach's name slapped on it, or a 3-4 playbook with a coach's name slapped on it.

SO MANY OPTIONS!

Even creating a custom playbook leaves much to be desired. The offensive playbooks need work no doubt, but the defensive playbooks are downright uninspring. I get that they are limited by what NFL teams run, but teams get more exotic than the boilerplate defensive playbooks we get.

Hey Madden team, your defense is offensive.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:01 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Lack of play variety makes every playbook feel samey

It is because that is how the NFL is. This, along with many more teams, was why the NCAA game was a vastly superior product. NFL is very boring and bland from a play calling standpoint.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »