Home

Building a Power Run O-Line

This is a discussion on Building a Power Run O-Line within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 01-19-2018, 03:06 PM   #9
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Building a Power Run O-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
my ideal oline has 70 ish spd 80 ish acc and 70 ish agi, normally you only see Ts in drafts with those numbers. i ignore what position players are and put them where i need them on an oline.

That's the most realistic scenario ... most nfl lineman were tackles in college but move many move inside once they go pro
Old 01-19-2018, 06:41 PM   #10
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

To help break down for the OP:

RBK is used when blocking from a generally stationary position.
IBL is used when the blocker has some momentum.

Pulling blockers and Fullbacks typically use IBL.

So for a standard I-Formation power run game:
LT - RBK
LG - RBK, IBL
C - RBK, AWR (remember counts as double)
RG - RBK, IBL
RT - RBK
TE - RBK
FB - IBL

There is a ton of debate about if strength matters, same with weight. At this current time, I would say both are minimal at best, and should only be used in favoring a player if other attributes are equal.

Speed, Acceleration and Agility are very good stats for pulling OL, I'd be wary of putting someone with sub 60spd at Guard, especially if you have a fast HB as he can beat them to the point of attack.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:10 PM   #11
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
my ideal oline has 70 ish spd 80 ish acc and 70 ish agi, normally you only see Ts in drafts with those numbers. i ignore what position players are and put them where i need them on an oline.
You sometimes see guards with those physical stats. My drafted RG has 76 SPD, 77 ACC, and 70 AGI. Would have preferred 80+ ACC, but was tough to pass on that SPD/ACC/AGI combo. Also drafted him with 92 or 93 STR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaurus

There is a ton of debate about if strength matters, same with weight. At this current time, I would say both are minimal at best, and should only be used in favoring a player if other attributes are equal.

Speed, Acceleration and Agility are very good stats for pulling OL, I'd be wary of putting someone with sub 60spd at Guard, especially if you have a fast HB as he can beat them to the point of attack.
Weight can always be edited. And I treat weight of any player as something that can be bulked up or trimmed down on in real life. So weight is something I don't have an issue editing. Same goes for editing position if you are only finding tackles with those physical stats. I don't edit anything else though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2018, 04:44 PM   #12
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaurus
To help break down for the OP:

RBK is used when blocking from a generally stationary position.
IBL is used when the blocker has some momentum.

Pulling blockers and Fullbacks typically use IBL.

So for a standard I-Formation power run game:
LT - RBK
LG - RBK, IBL
C - RBK, AWR (remember counts as double)
RG - RBK, IBL
RT - RBK
TE - RBK
FB - IBL

Thanks Kentaurus, that's exactly what I was looking for. And that's what I've been thinking how it should be worked out, but wasn't sure if I was missing something.

What would be some minimums for RBK that I should look for?

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Old 01-20-2018, 06:24 PM   #13
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

Honestly RBK really looks to be pretty linear the higher the better, IBL I'd say does have some targets, I won't start someone at G with less than 85 as they simply are not effect pulling without that much.

And if you are doing RB/OL drills, you should be able to get your FB up in IBL which also needs to get into that 85 range before he becomes really effective.

As for other minimums it really depends on what kind of league you are playing in... I'm in a 32 user franchise that is 4 years in now, and most teams have multiple guys with mid-90s BSH on their DL, so you really do need to be 90ish on the OL to avoid getting blown up. So that number really depends on how good defenses are.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:27 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldTonk
So what is IBK for? I know RBK and PBK, but never understood how IBK is used.
IBK is how long they hold the block I believe.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:05 PM   #15
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by paarman
IBK is how long they hold the block I believe.
IBL is for blocking when the offensive player is moving, IE pulling Guard, FB coming up from the backfield, TE going downfield to block a S.

What I'm not sure about is if after the initial contact of an impact block doesn't either pancake or get avoided, does RBK then take over like normal?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »