Home

After all patches and updates is Madden 18 a good buy for $20 if you have Madden 17?

This is a discussion on After all patches and updates is Madden 18 a good buy for $20 if you have Madden 17? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2018, 08:01 AM   #25
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: After all patches and updates is Madden 18 a good buy for $20 if you have Madden

I have to basically echo DJ's comments above. For the first time in a long, long time I didn't buy the new iteration. Recently obtained a copy to take for a test run which confirmed to me that I made a great choice.

The game isn't terrible, I just don't see any difference with 17.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2018, 08:08 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: After all patches and updates is Madden 18 a good buy for $20 if you have Madden

As others have mentioned, if you are on xbox, I'd wait for it to hit the vault, assuming you have EA access. If you're on PS4, I would have to say it is worth $20.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:20 AM   #27
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

It was worth the 11 bucks I paid for at launch, warts and all.

Now with less warts and patched QB scrambling, off ball injuries(backups count), coaching adjustments, it's worth the 20 bucks currently.

If you can get it for free on xbox live, if you have xbox, go for it.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:46 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
The game isn't terrible, I just don't see any difference with 17.
It looks better, and the gamemodes (outside of franchise) have been worked on in the sense that they give the user more incentive to play.

Bringing back OTP is a plus.

The Football is the same. The game is better because the modes (again, outside of franchise) are probably more interactive and fun, at the end of the day. The actual football still sucks, but they have some shiny whistles and lights that help you forget about it, sometimes.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:32 PM   #29
MVP

The game is solid. Perfect? No. Better than Madden 17 in terms of gameplay on the field? YES. QB play is much improved, and not just the scrambling. The running game is better as well. Off the ball injuries is HUGE from a sim standpoint. Overall AI logic and playcalling is better than M17 as well.

Overall, the game plays and looks better than Madden 17. I bought it at launch and have had moments of disappointment in the fall when patches were fixing some things and messing other things up. However, in its current state it is a better game than Madden 17.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:42 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
The game is solid. Perfect? No. Better than Madden 17 in terms of gameplay on the field? YES. QB play is much improved, and not just the scrambling. The running game is better as well. Off the ball injuries is HUGE from a sim standpoint. Overall AI logic and playcalling is better than M17 as well.

Overall, the game plays and looks better than Madden 17. I bought it at launch and have had moments of disappointment in the fall when patches were fixing some things and messing other things up. However, in its current state it is a better game than Madden 17.
I keep seeing posts in different threads talking about linemen falling down. What is this issue and does it happen often? That type of thing would drive me nuts.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 01-21-2018, 03:52 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
I keep seeing posts in different threads talking about linemen falling down. What is this issue and does it happen often? That type of thing would drive me nuts.
That is probably the biggest issue right now. It does not happen often per game, but it does happen. It occurs when the CPU uses the "pass commit" and you are running the ball from certain "power" formations (such as wing formations) The CPU DLine will all be pancaked and you have a wide open field.

I will sometimes play several games in a row and never see it happen. I have never had it happen more than twice in a game. When it does, I simply take 4-5 yards and either dive or let the defense get to me. It is annoying, but not game breaking.

EA is aware and is supposedly working to fix it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2018, 04:26 PM   #32
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
The pancake glitch is pretty ridiculous when it happens... not often but to have to let the cpu
tackle you SMH. You have to play All-Madden to get competency from CPU AI this year. I have no idea why this has happened but there are sliders that will make games competitive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »