Home

Rolling Stone: Inside the making of Madden 06

This is a discussion on Rolling Stone: Inside the making of Madden 06 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2018, 02:48 PM   #25
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Rolling Stone: Inside the making of Madden 06

Addressing the old code, I don't feel it's just the resources involved with with removing the old code for new code. I've have communicated with Ian many times and he said there is miles and miles of old code in the game. From our communications, it was something that they couldn't bite more off than they chew. And since the game needs to come out on a yearly basis, (stockholders/license) appears like a daunting task within a year, no matter how talented your programmers are.

For User vs CPU, (no idea how the HtH isworking)the game is playing good right now. The slider forum is very active with ideas, suggestions and taylor the slider how you want them. There are obvious issues like punting into the wind in an outdoor stauduim, challenge system, CFM, pancakes and smarter better CPU AI.

People following the slider section are not purchasing Madden for MUT, that is for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2018, 03:54 PM   #26
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
As the story pointed out, throwing the baby out with the bathwater is one big reason as to how Madden 06 came to be. To that end, it doesn't surprise me that Tiburon learned from their bad experience and avoided making the same mistake twice.

That’s not the mistake. The problem wasn’t a new engine. It was focusing on the wrong things and waisting time in that process. They ran out of time because they tried to do to much with the stadiums and grass and stuff. Had they spent all the time working on on field gameplay and the using extra time for the other stuff. Clear the issue wasn’t a new engine. It was the direction and time waisted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2018, 04:00 PM   #27
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

The Madden team is big enough to work on a All new engine for a few years as they release new games. They did it for years even when Madden 06 came out. They still released Madden 07, 08, 09 and so on for PS2 and Xbox with the only engine.

Old 02-04-2018, 05:18 PM   #28
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Problem is Live is still trash. This studio just isn't that good. I don't know what exactly it is that is keeping them from being good, but the games speak for themselves.

You’re right, Live is still a subpar game, but it’s incredibly improved since the travesty that was NBA Live 14/15. The improvement in Live is different than the one featured in Madden; with the latter, it feels like I’m playing the same game, only several aspects have gotten worse/better.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:47 PM   #29
Rookie

mjd113's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
The Madden team is big enough to work on a All new engine for a few years as they release new games. They did it for years even when Madden 06 came out. They still released Madden 07, 08, 09 and so on for PS2 and Xbox with the only engine.

You know.

Like they did with Longshot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »