Home

Your Best Ever Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Your Best Ever Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2018, 10:09 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Your Best Ever Franchise Mode

I went back to my Madden 12 franchise. I started off as the giants but now run all the teams. I'm in the 6th season (2016 season). This it the longest I've gone with any franchise except for Frontpage sports' football game.

The giants have had the most titles, winning 2, including a thrashing of the Chargers in 2012. I only called the plays at that time, but everything Manning threw seemed to go for touchdowns. Two years ago I took over all the clubs. I tried to edit first round draft picks but let the teams make their selections. For the 2016 season, I actually drafted position by position trying to give each team a created draft pick representative of the real life counter part, assuming first year performance may play out in "A" B or C potential. However, there are quite a few created unedited players from previous drafts. Cooper Huff is the premiere MLB, and this year he went from the Saints to Oakland. Oakland suffers from an inconsistent Derek Carr, but has a solid defense. They perennially get within a game of the West title but can't pull it off. The Saints hurt from losing Huff on D and Drew Brees being injured most of the season. The Giants, who beat the Patriots in 2015's Superbowl, suffered the worst of all, with Manning and his back up going out for the season in the same game. Courtney Baltimore of Tampa is consistently the best running back on a team that can't generate enough support to take advantage of his abilities.

This season, the Patriots started off miserably but went on a tear winning 9 in a row and just had to finish off the Dolphins who were one game behind in Miami to win the East. They couldn't do it, and then had to come back the next week in the WC game to Miami. Ben Williams, former first round draft pick, drove the Dolphins late in the game to take a one point lead with 20 seconds left. Brady's 45 yard completion to bring New England into field goal range came too late as time ran out. Carolina was the NFC's best team, going 13-3 and await their divisional opponent. Atlanta who was 2015 NFC runner up went 11-5 and easily dispatched the NFC East champ Philadelphia, who the week before in a winner take all game against the Cowboys lost Khalil Mack to a career ending injury. The best game of the WC week was Arizona and Minnesota. The Cards finished with 10 wins but had to host a WC game. Minnesota won it all in 2014 but only went 8-8 in 2015. The WC game looked like it was in the bag for the Vikings though and Mike Munchak. But Matt Moore wasn't going to give up easily, and drove the Cards to FG range and getting the 3 points put them down by 7 with 2 minutes left. The Cards recover the onside kick. The next play, Moore hits his TE splitting the Cover 2 defense for a score and the game goes into OT. This is Madden 12 so first score wins. THe cards don't do anything with their possession, and Bradford gets the Vikings into Cardinal territory but then takes a sack, putting him 3rd and long. The Vikes call a vertical, Bradford throws into double coverage, the ball is batted away by the safety and the WR snatches it out of the air, walking it into the endzone from the 5 for the game winning score.

I have maintained superlatives from each previous season on paper (will transfer to excel when I get time), along with the stats from retired players. It is just great though to be able to go back to 2011 and see scores and other data that you just don't seem to get with games today. Will let y'all know how the 2016 post season plays out. Carolina and Baltimore have the home field advantages.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2019, 05:45 PM   #26
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

OVR: 0
Your Best Ever Franchise Mode

An old thread, but my recent Madden 08 franchise mode made me come back here. I’ll call this one: Brady Quinn’s Trip Through Hell

I chose the Browns (who had a 10-6 record in real life yet didn’t make the playoffs) and immediately traded Charlie Frye and LeCharles Bentley for draft picks in preseason, started Brady Quinn just to see how well he’d do.

Quinn sucked. I mean holy ****, his real life counterpart wasn’t nearly as bad as this statline: 890 yards, 4 TDs, and 22 INTs. Jamal Lewis wanted out so I traded him for a draft pick, having a total of 4 first round picks, 3 of them coming in the Top 10 (one came from a trade in real life, I think).

My first pick is a RB: Jeremy Freeman out of Ohio State. Second pick is a center, third pick is a cornerback, and my last pick is a defensive tackle (“Big” Bean Bryant).

I start Quinn going into the next season despite him pleading me to play literally anywhere else. Hell, he would’ve probably taken the veteran minimum in the Europe NFL league. But I start him and his stats and morale improve, along with the team’s record.

We went from 3-13 to 4-12.

Jeremy Freeman went from an 85 to a 91 OVR after nabbing ROY. Big ol’ Bean stayed where he was at a proud 69 overall.

When Brady Quinn asks for his contract to be restructured, I try trading him for a draft pick but to no avail.

We still have a Top 5 pick and after playing the combine, East-West game, there’s a quarterback that really stands out from Michigan State: Kevin Robinson. K-Rob to be exact.

He falls to us with the 3rd pick. My other picks go to a ROLB, a FS, and two WRs. Remember these picks.

K-Rob gets up to a 86 OVR in training camp and an 87 after the preseason progression. He dons Cleveland great Bernie Kosar’s jersey #: 19.

Oh lawd. K-Rob’s the second coming.

He’s like the lovechild of Aaron Rodgers and Dan Marino. He’s tactically mobile but has a wicked arm and can drop dimes on them fools. His Awareness is a little low, so he tends to force the ball a bit too much and finishes the year with 3500 yards, 19 TDs and 12 INTs. Freeman makes the AP team and Pro Bowl team and Big Ol Bean is still sitting firmly on the bench at a 71 OVR.

We make the playoffs but lose to the Patriots. By this time, Brady Quinn wants out. ASAP. I trade him to those Patriots where he becomes the backup’s backup.

We land Jared Allen in the offseason after being forced to cut some aging veterans. I put him on the LE and switch that ROLB to RE.

The ROLB, Anthony Lewis, his OVR goes from an 82 to an 89.

By that time, our LB corps is stacked. Kamerion Wimbley, Andre Davis and D’Qwell Jackson are all in their mid-20s and are in the high 90s.

K-Rob is sitting at a 92. Nice.

Not to mention, we still have Braylon Edwards and pre-convict Kellen Winslow.

Our next season is 13-3. K-Rob makes his first Pro Bowl, Jeremy Freeman loses MVP to Ladanian, and Allen and Lewis have 20 sacks combined. We lose again to the playoffs in a heartbreaker, but it would be the first and last time Brady Quinn would beat us.

We go into the offseason to reload and our fan support is at 95%, the highest in all my three years. We draft a third WR and...have to cut Braylon Edwards because he’s holding out.

Now, remember those two WRs I drafted earlier? Stephen Edwards and Cary Jones. They’re ready, both of them in the mid-80s. That 3rd receiver, Michael Little, is in the high 70s but his speed is like 97. I put him in the slot and on punt returns.

14-2. Who do we face in the AFC Championship?

A Brady Quinn-led Patriots. Tom Brady was injured in their last game.

Fast forward to the 4th Quarter and the game is tied with about 3 minutes left. We have to punt and the Patriots march down the field until they get to our 6 yard line.

First play is a HB draw to Laurence Maroney for a yard. 1:12 left in the game.

Second play: Screen pass to Maroney. Loss of one. :59 left. We use our first timeout.

Third play: Quinn tries to throw a fade to Dante Stallworth and it falls incomplete. :55 left.

On fourth down...they go for it in typical Belicheck fashion.

Quinn drops back to pass and gets STRIP SACKED. Who caused it?

Big. Ol’. Bean. Bryant.

With :49 seconds left we march with a drive of our own, down the field to the Pats’ 35 yard line. Phil Dawson lines up and...

...the kick is good.

We went on to win the Super Bowl against the Rams.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-12-2019, 07:19 PM   #27

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Mine would be my Giants franchise from Madden 07 og Xbox. I remember firing Coughlin after year 1 and hiring Marty Schottenheimer. Importing classes from NCAAF 07 and drafting Dwayne Jarrett out of USC. Him and Plaxico were beast together. Won back 2 back super bowls and then Schottenheimer retired. Then hired Ron Rivera as head coach as he was DC for the Bears and shifted my focus to defense. I also relocated the Giants to Manhattan and built a cool stadium. I wanted our own separate stadium from the Jets and to actually play in the city of NY. Fun times. To this day I’m still chasing that experience in Madden I once had.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:20 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
An old thread, but my recent Madden 08 franchise mode made me come back here. I’ll call this one: Brady Quinn’s Trip Through Hell

I chose the Browns (who had a 10-6 record in real life yet didn’t make the playoffs) and immediately traded Charlie Frye and LeCharles Bentley for draft picks in preseason, started Brady Quinn just to see how well he’d do.

Quinn sucked. I mean holy ****, his real life counterpart wasn’t nearly as bad as this statline: 890 yards, 4 TDs, and 22 INTs. Jamal Lewis wanted out so I traded him for a draft pick, having a total of 4 first round picks, 3 of them coming in the Top 10 (one came from a trade in real life, I think).

My first pick is a RB: Jeremy Freeman out of Ohio State. Second pick is a center, third pick is a cornerback, and my last pick is a defensive tackle (“Big” Bean Bryant).

I start Quinn going into the next season despite him pleading me to play literally anywhere else. Hell, he would’ve probably taken the veteran minimum in the Europe NFL league. But I start him and his stats and morale improve, along with the team’s record.

Jeremy Freeman went from an 85 to a 91 OVR after nabbing ROY. Big ol’ Bean stayed where he was at a proud 69 overall.

When Brady Quinn asks for his contract to be restructured, I try trading him for a draft pick but to no avail.

We still have a Top 5 pick and after playing the combine, East-West game, there’s a quarterback that really stands out from Michigan State: Kevin Robinson. K-Rob to be exact.

He falls to us with the 3rd pick. My other picks go to a ROLB, a FS, and two WRs. Remember these picks.

K-Rob gets up to a 86 OVR in training camp and an 87 after the preseason progression. He dons Cleveland great Bernie Kosar’s jersey #: 19.

He’s like the lovechild of Aaron Rodgers and Dan Marino. He’s tactically mobile but has a wicked arm and can drop dimes on them fools. His Awareness is a little low, so he tends to force the ball a bit too much and finishes the year with 3500 yards, 19 TDs and 12 INTs. Freeman makes the AP team and Pro Bowl team and Big Ol Bean is still sitting firmly on the bench at a 71 OVR.

We make the playoffs but lose to the Patriots. By this time, Brady Quinn wants out. ASAP. I trade him to those Patriots where he becomes the backup’s backup.

We land Jared Allen in the offseason after being forced to cut some aging veterans. I put him on the LE and switch that ROLB to RE.

By that time, our LB corps is stacked. Kamerion Wimbley, Andre Davis and D’Qwell Jackson are all in their mid-20s and are in the high 90s.

Our next season is 13-3. K-Rob makes his first Pro Bowl, Jeremy Freeman loses MVP to Ladanian, and Allen and Lewis have 20 sacks combined. We lose again to the playoffs in a heartbreaker, but it would be the first and last time Brady Quinn would beat us.

We go into the offseason to reload and our fan support is at 95%, the highest in all my three years. We draft a third WR and...have to cut Braylon Edwards because he’s holding out.

Now, remember those two WRs I drafted earlier? Stephen Edwards and Cary Jones. They’re ready, both of them in the mid-80s. That 3rd receiver, Michael Little, is in the high 70s but his speed is like 97. I put him in the slot and on punt returns.

Fast forward to the 4th Quarter and the game is tied with about 3 minutes left. We have to punt and the Patriots march down the field until they get to our 6 yard line.

Second play: Screen pass to Maroney. Loss of one. :59 left. We use our first timeout.

Third play: Quinn tries to throw a fade to Dante Stallworth and it falls incomplete. :55 left.

Big. Ol’. Bean. Bryant.

With :49 seconds left we march with a drive of our own, down the field to the Pats’ 35 yard line. Phil Dawson lines up and...

...the kick is good.

Reading it was great.

Glad you actually used realistic team building instead of trying to force trades or signings like a lot do when playing franchise.

Curious did you play all the games or sim?

Old 07-12-2019, 08:32 PM   #29
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreSwagassi86
Reading it was great.

Glad you actually used realistic team building instead of trying to force trades or signings like a lot do when playing franchise.

Curious did you play all the games or sim?

I simmed the first two seasons, simmed the playoffs on the third, and played it all during the fourth

Old 07-12-2019, 09:02 PM   #30
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Most Memorable - Superstar Mode from PS2... maybe 06. Those were some good, good times.

Most Successful - Madden 19. I finally stuck with one franchise for a super long time. Had the Eagles franchise until (and past) when every current player retired. Broke all the career records at every position. Tons of fun.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:01 PM   #31
Rookie

ShadyFan25's Arena

Surprisingly, my Madden 19 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Franchise. Custom Draft Classes is probably the main reason why. It added a ton of replayability to the mode.

I played around 11 seasons, most of them with 7th overall pick Jarrett Stidham at QB. I won a Super Bowl with the offensive core of Stidham, Bryce Love, and Tank Oliver (Fictional 98 Speed WR).

I was pretty devastated when my save was corrupted and broken for a few months last year. Thankfully I recovered it through PS Plus online storage and played a few more seasons. The fact that I still enjoyed it after this says a lot about how much fun I had with it.

Honorable Mentions:

Madden 09 Buffalo Bills Franchise

Madden 16 Atlanta Falcons Franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2019, 11:43 PM   #32
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig

Big. Ol’. Bean. Bryant.

...the kick is good.

If this actually happened with the Browns in real life back in the day, what a story this would have been. One of the greatest rebuilds in NFL history. And very realistic! Love it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »