Home

Mind = Boggled

This is a discussion on Mind = Boggled within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 08:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Mind = Boggled

This is why I hate this story mode nonsense. EA adds another stupid thing to the game and instead of realizing it is so stupid, they will insist on devoting more and more resources towards it because they are determined to prove that it was not a stupid idea. if you want story mode so badly, just make it it's own independent app.

It just boggles my mind that this multi-million dollar business has a room full of people in suits and ties that determined the biggest improvement on franchise mode should be "archtypes" (and I'm sorry... I just don't see how this is different from last year's "redzone, deep threat, possession receiver etc..." thing.

Ok... so they added stuff like slot receiver, slot corner, etc etc. Ok great... but perhaps the most specialized position in the NFL is long snapper and this gloss over this? This would have been an opportunity to make long snapping really matter, including bad snaps and such. Maybe if ratings actually mattered in this game, I'd be more impressed.

Scouting... so these suits believe that the current scouting system is fine? That in the NFL, personnel departments will evaluate a player and come back with "hey... I'm only telling you this guy's three best traits" or "oops... I know there are like 700 draft eligible players but I can only evaluate 80 of them"

Contracts and trades: I am not the "but NFL 2k5 had it..." guy, but all I'm saying is a game from 15 years ago had a common sense feature as counter proposals" but for whatever reason, EA doesn't see it as important.

You know, EA... I'm kind of older than most of your traditional gamers. Because I'm older, I have more things pulling for my attention: full time job, wife, kid, and other things. It is much easier for me to just walk away. You can do better than this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2018, 09:01 AM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Mind = Boggled

Please put your complaints about Longshot and Franchise in the appropriate existing threads.

Closed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »