Home

Presentation Release will be tonight at 8 EST

This is a discussion on Presentation Release will be tonight at 8 EST within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 04:06 PM   #41
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Presentation Release will be tonight at 8 EST

If they can get away from plastering "EA Sports" on all the presentation elements in lieu of something real, that would be a massive start in the right direction. In-game "studio updates" like NCAA 14 would be nice as well....I do acknowledge that some lines to this effect were added in M18 which were spoken by the announcers, I wouldn't mind a cut to the studio for an in-game update.

For franchise: commentary updates (like a much larger library of names) would be nice. Also, I would like to see "smarter" commentary for deep franchises....in the intros, I don't want "Onto the field comes the 7 year veteran QB from West Virginia" every week but rather "John Smith leads out the Raiders offense. He had a great game last week, earning AFC Offensive Player of the Week honors."

The commentary is great for "Play Now" guys, but it isn't adaptive enough for long-duration franchises. Some minor tweaks here will not be "back of box" worthy, but would be much appreciated. Little things really do matter.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:14 PM   #42
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

OVR: 9

I really hope the release is about adding a tv broadcast integration with graphics overlays, pre-game and halftime shows, and weekly wrap ups from around the league.

But having been let down by Madden for so long, I feel like EA is just going to talk about how can you purchase more Fortnite celebrations for your players in MUT.....
Old 06-21-2018, 04:20 PM   #43
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Just curious -

Why is everyone so avert to change?

It's always a YouTube video. They want to support their livestreaming community as well, hence going with me to release the information tonight during my normal stream schedule.

Am I missing something? Or is it just the salt because people want the info "now".
It's the now IMO, I understand why it's in the evening of course, but if you had done it at like 10 a.m, with the accompanying blog most people would have missed it, but I feel like hardly anyone would have been upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
If they can get away from plastering "EA Sports" on all the presentation elements in lieu of something real, that would be a massive start in the right direction. In-game "studio updates" like NCAA 14 would be nice as well....I do acknowledge that some lines to this effect were added in M18 which were spoken by the announcers, I wouldn't mind a cut to the studio for an in-game update.

For franchise: commentary updates (like a much larger library of names) would be nice. Also, I would like to see "smarter" commentary for deep franchises....in the intros, I don't want "Onto the field comes the 7 year veteran QB from West Virginia" every week but rather "John Smith leads out the Raiders offense. He had a great game last week, earning AFC Offensive Player of the Week honors."

The commentary is great for "Play Now" guys, but it isn't adaptive enough for long-duration franchises. Some minor tweaks here will not be "back of box" worthy, but would be much appreciated. Little things really do matter.
EA Sports being plastered everywhere is a fundamental part of their presentation methodology. Reducing their brand awareness anywhere in the game is probably a complete non starter. They would bring back Vision Cone before they did that, IMO.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:21 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 19

There’s this uphill battle for some reason to not expand Maddens Camera Options to be on par with their other in-house titles.

Broadcast Cam in Madden was suppose to immerse gamers unlike in any other title, yet the “immersion factor” is still at the very bottom of all sports games.

Would be nice that this area receives some type of effort.
Even if it’s just baby steps.
Anything!!!

Tired of the behind the back view being the only option.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:25 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Just curious -

Why is everyone so avert to change?

It's always a YouTube video. They want to support their livestreaming community as well, hence going with me to release the information tonight during my normal stream schedule.

Am I missing something? Or is it just the salt because people want the info "now".
I have such low expectations, that I really don't mind waiting.

One reason could be your stream is during the NBA draft? I might be wrong about this cause I don't know when the draft is, but I heard something about this being mentioned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2018, 04:29 PM   #46
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
EA Sports being plastered everywhere is a fundamental part of their presentation methodology. Reducing their brand awareness anywhere in the game is probably a complete non starter. They would bring back Vision Cone before they did that, IMO.

But they've veered off that course on other offerings (FIFA has great variety in presentation packages, NBA Live 18 and NCAA 14 both had ESPN integration, etc.).

I fully expect them to "brand" the game; I'd just like it done with more variety
Old 06-21-2018, 04:32 PM   #47
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
But they've veered off that course on other offerings (FIFA has great variety in presentation packages, NBA Live 18 and NCAA 14 both had ESPN integration, etc.).

I fully expect them to "brand" the game; I'd just like it done with more variety
If other EA games have done it, then maybe it's possible, but Madden seems like the game that they most like to pump up the brand with.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:33 PM   #48
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Hoping for a few more stadium exterior shots. Seems they did the most popular teams last year. Longer player intros would be great too. They seemed too short and felt rushed after how much they hyped them up last year.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »