Home

In Depth Breakdown of Madden 19 Ratings (Charts)

This is a discussion on In Depth Breakdown of Madden 19 Ratings (Charts) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2018, 08:47 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
In Depth Breakdown of Madden 19 Ratings (Charts)

I have been breaking down the Madden 19 ratings over the last week, and will probably continue doing so for the next week. I figured I'd consolidate all my charts and findings in a single thread rather than putting them in different places. If there is a breakdown you are interested in let me know!

Talent Ranking:

The ranking is the average score of the 7 criteria I used to evaluate teams (O-Line, Secondary Coverage, Pass Rush, O Weapons, O Speed, D Speed, and Youth Power Index). Note, I did not take into account salary cap situation. Also note, I pulled out QB's in this as I was looking for something that took user skill out as much as possible and QB is a very user dependent position.

Spoiler

Offensive Speed Ranking:

This is based on 11 personnel skill positions.

Spoiler

Defensive Team Speed:

This is based on back 7 Nickle personnel.

Spoiler

Jersey Number Breakdown:

Spoiler

Youth Power Index:

This is a ranking of teams based on their players 26 or under. They are then assigned a value depending on what OVR range they fall within to deliver a numerical value.

Spoiler

Team Age Distribution

Spoiler

Team OVR Distribution:

Spoiler

Team OVR Distribution for Players Under 28:

Spoiler

O line Blocking Breakdown :

I used overall to place starters. In the event a backup lineman of one position was higher than the starter at another position I plugged them in.

Spoiler

Pass Rush Breakdown:

I have pulled the pass rushing stats for each team. I used inside vs outside instead of making separate lists for 3-4 and 4-3 teams. Optimal Rush is the top rush attribute rating for each player in a group averaged across that teams pass rushing unit. It allows for a high level look at who may have the best rushing unit in a perfect world.

Spoiler

Secondary Coverage Breakdown:

I used overall to place guys as CB 1/2/3 as well as starting FS and SS unless there was an obvious lower rated guy who should be in over someone else.

Spoiler

"Weapons" Breakdown:

I used overall for each position then added a personnel grouping average score on the backside for 11 and 12 personnel.

Spoiler

If you have any questions about how the charts work or methodology let me know. I am going to keep adding additional charts to this post as I finish them

Hope this helps!

Last edited by T4VERTS; 07-19-2018 at 03:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2018, 09:19 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: In Depth Breakdown of Madden 19 Ratings (Charts)

Nevermind misread the chart
Old 07-13-2018, 09:56 AM   #3
Rookie

Very cool charts so far. Really liked the positional breakdowns. I have a few, well not really requests, but ideas if you’re into them:

Would it be easy to add a rank 1-32 to accompany the results? Could do it on all columns or possibly just the most notable ones. Sometimes it’s a little tough to tell exactly where a team in the middle of the pack stands.

An OVR based analysis on the team’s youngest players (maybe under 24 or 25) would be cool as well. The under 28 was good, but it might be interesting to see an analysis of an even younger group as well.

I’m sure a lot of people will be interested in seeing speed/acceleration/agility broken up in various ways. (Entire team, entire defense, defensive starters, secondary, corners, linebackers, wideouts, etc.).
Old 07-13-2018, 10:14 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo12308
Very cool charts so far. Really liked the positional breakdowns. I have a few, well not really requests, but ideas if you’re into them:

Would it be easy to add a rank 1-32 to accompany the results? Could do it on all columns or possibly just the most notable ones. Sometimes it’s a little tough to tell exactly where a team in the middle of the pack stands.

An OVR based analysis on the team’s youngest players (maybe under 24 or 25) would be cool as well. The under 28 was good, but it might be interesting to see an analysis of an even younger group as well.

I’m sure a lot of people will be interested in seeing speed/acceleration/agility broken up in various ways. (Entire team, entire defense, defensive starters, secondary, corners, linebackers, wideouts, etc.).
Yea, I think the speed thing could be interesting. Maybe I'll do speed by position groups.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:57 AM   #5
Rookie

darren1024's Arena

OVR: 4

Saints had one of the better O-lines last year and only have an average rating?! 20 sacks on 538 drop backs.

Last edited by darren1024; 07-13-2018 at 11:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2018, 11:03 AM   #6
MVP

I added a weapons rating chart to the original post.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:16 AM   #7
MVP

While no one else may find it interesting, I added most common through least common jersey numbers used to the OP. Spoiler....every team has a #94.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:55 PM   #8
MVP

Added in a pass rushing breakdown chart, including an optimal rush stat to compare different groups.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »