Home

Madden 19 Final Build Gameplay by EricRayWeather

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Final Build Gameplay by EricRayWeather within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2018, 01:13 PM   #137
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 Final Build Gameplay by EricRayWeather

On another note I think the reason that the so called critics of madden have a problem in the first place is that we feel lied to by EA. Whenever they are confronted with questions about features that the community has constantly requested they give half baked answers.

Just earlier this year there was an interview where someone asked one of the devs about coordinators and assistant coaches. The devs reasoning for not putting them in was that if they couldn't give us real life coordinators it wasn't worth putting it in. Madden 11 had generic coordinators and the community loved it. None of us are asking for real coordinators just something. Which leads me to believe Tiburon doesn't even listen or know what their customer base wants. Instead they give us longshot which literally no one was asking for. They care more about bringing in new customers then they do about satisfying the people that have been there since day 1

Last edited by Therebelyell626; 07-26-2018 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-26-2018, 01:21 PM   #138
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
The fact of the matter is that madden is not a better game then it was 10 years ago. It is nowhere near as deep of a game as it was 10 years ago. Video games are a form of technology similar to an iPhone. Yet you will find no one that argues that the iPhone 3 is a better piece of equipment than an iPhone 7. That's because with every iteration Apple has innovated and improved the iPhone. Madden just does not innovate or improve anymore.

Whether you like the game or not the fact that people are even arguing the fact that a version of the game that was released 10 years ago is better is a problem. We can all agree to that.
This is the biggest disappointment for me, especially in regards to features more so than on-field game play. I just think of all the awesome features that Madden used to have (Bruno show, newspaper, Extra Point, injuries and contracts from HC, etc) and imagine how great they would all be now if they were continually improved upon.

I know a lot of that stuff gets picked apart for not being as good as some remember, but my point is how good that stuff would be now with years of improvement behind each one.
Old 07-26-2018, 01:21 PM   #139
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
On another note I think the reason that the so called critics of madden have a problem in the first place is that we feel lied to by EA. Whenever they are confronted with questions about features that the community has constantly requested they give half baked answers.

Just earlier this year there was an interview where someone asked one of the devs about coordinators and assistant coaches. The devs reasoning for not putting them in was that if they couldn't give us real life coordinators it wasn't worth putting it in. Madden 11 had generic coordinators and the community loved it. None of us are asking for real coordinators just something. Which leads me to believe Tiburon doesn't even listen or know what their customer base wants. Instead they give us longshot which literally no one was asking for. They care more about bringing in new customers then they do about satisfying the people that have been there since day 1
Based on what Ben Haumiller said in a June interview at EA Play, sounds like we will have coordinators and assistants. They just prefer that they were licensed and realistic.

The community has asked for coordinators and assistants to be put back in the game. After Ben's interview, it's the first time I've heard that generic coordinators are ok.

I think Ben is a good person to have on the team.

Good point Other Guy because I hated, literally hated, Bruno's voice and repeated lines, but perhaps with tweaking, it would have been better.

Last edited by roadman; 07-26-2018 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-26-2018, 01:21 PM   #140
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
No, we can't even all agree to that.

I'm not even getting into it, but 06-09 were the darkest years for Madden for me

Best I can say is, to each their own.

Don't put me in that universal universe. lol

Vann, sorry to hear that, but I understand your perspective, big blow to the playbook community.
Well said man.

Like you said, to each their own. I think there is nothing more left to say on the topic. If people want to live in the past forever, so be it. I would say to go & enjoy those games, no ones stopping you.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 07-26-2018 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-26-2018, 01:25 PM   #141
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
No, we can't even all agree to that.

I'm not even getting into it, but 06-09 were the darkest years for Madden for me

Best I can say is, to each their own.

Don't put me in that universal universe. lol

Vann, sorry to hear that, but I understand your perspective, big blow to the playbook community.
Nah, sabo and kinggro do a great job with playbooks too plus that was supposedly fixed anyways? Did anyone look into the cpu gameplanning in the beta test in how they went about that? Just curious. Anyways, ya I’ll try the demo and for sure read the impressions threads first this year. See what the consensus is from guys opinions I trust... I can just see those things that have bugged me. Who knows? Maybe day 1 patch addresses a few of them. I will say that lineup screen with guys with footballs is ridiculously stupid! The 1 guy cracking the football and drinking it?! Wtf?! Really?! Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2018, 01:28 PM   #142
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Nah, sabo and kinggro do a great job with playbooks too plus that was supposedly fixed anyways? Did anyone look into the cpu gameplanning in the beta test in how they went about that? Just curious. Anyways, ya I’ll try the demo and for sure read the impressions threads first this year. See what the consensus is from guys opinions I trust... I can just see those things that have bugged me. Who knows? Maybe day 1 patch addresses a few of them. I will say that lineup screen with guys with footballs is ridiculously stupid! The 1 guy cracking the football and drinking it?! Wtf?! Really?! Lol
haha, hey, at least I haven't seen the bow and arrows yet.

Might be good to have a listen to the Clint interview that might be going up tonight.
Old 07-26-2018, 02:17 PM   #143
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

The fact of the matter is that madden is not a better game then it was 10 years ago. It is nowhere near as deep of a game as it was 10 years ago..

Whether you like the game or not the fact that people are even arguing the fact that a version of the game that was released 10 years ago is better is a problem. We can all agree to that.
I strongly disagree with #1 and Agree with #2

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2018, 02:57 PM   #144
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
Blame Fortnite for the intros.
What!?!?..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »