Home

Madden 19 Final Build Gameplay by EricRayWeather

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Final Build Gameplay by EricRayWeather within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2018, 02:04 PM   #25
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 19 Final Build Gameplay by EricRayWeather

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
That's fine, but state it as your opinion. It's more helpful to new users then.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thanks bud. For all NEW users you might want to play around with the cpu fumble slider may help the cpu run game be more aggressive IMO.

Playing:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2018, 02:10 PM   #26
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
My opinion, too.
Thanks man, duly noted. I marked you down for yes on my spreadsheet.

Playing:
Old 07-25-2018, 02:14 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 9

Wind is still incredibly strong. This drives me crazy.

It's so odd and so frustrating to me because it changes special teams and it's so darn obvious. There's a 4-5mph wind (note the indicator for each user kick and the indicator when choosing a side in OT) in the game going at the kicking team on the opening kickoff, and the kickoff reaches about the 5 yard line. At the next kickoff (in the 2nd quarter), there is also the same wind going at the Denver kicked, and the ball reaches about the 5 yard line. But then at the opening kickoff of the 2nd half, with the wind at the Denver kicker's back, the ball is kicked through 9.5 yards deep in the endzone.

Kicking against the wind (~3-5 yard line):

Kicking with the wind (-9.5 yards in the endzone):

4th quarter kicking against the wind (~3-5 yard line):

Overtime, kicking with the wind, 4mph (-12 yards deep in the endzone)

It's just something that has been such a prominent glitch/bug/error/miscalculation in the game FOR SO LONG, going easily over 5 years now. Last year, it totally broke the special teams logic when the game first came out... Remember those sky-high CPU punts that would onyl go about 10 yards, and either be a fumble or fair catch if you were lucky enough to trigger it? Or 80 yard punts if the CPU had the wind at their back? Why does the wind always blow with or against the teams? Why is there never cross wind or no wind? Is every stadium in the NFL designed in such a way to always have wind back or against the team? No, that's insane, and isn't how wind works. Should 4mph of wind result in a difference of 15 or 17 yards for the same kicker? No. It's just insane.

Problem with these 3min videos is you don't get to see punting, but I'm sure it's more of the same. 80+ yard punts when you're kicking with the wind, and 20 yard punts when you're kicking against.

And yet, 5+ years later, this bug is still massively affecting special teams. Remember the "Make SPecial Teams Special Again," the slogan before Madden '16 or '17? Welll... for the last 5 years you'd have to SuperSim special teams to get realistic punting and kicking results, and it's so frustrating that you still have to do that because it has such an unbalanced affect on the game.

Beyond the wind issue, which has been present in MAdden for at least 5 years and something that really makes a profound affect on the game, is the issue that kickers just don't understand any strategy about kicking. Great kickers don't try to boom the kick through the endzone, they try to place the kick between 2 yards deep into the endzone up to about the 3-5 yard line. Back when the touchback rule was the 20, kickers boomed it through, but today, good, valuable kickers are those who place the ball in that zone where the return man is probably going to run it out, but probably not going to get a 27 yard return (E.g., the distance for a touchback). Of course, this is something that Madden is 10+ years away from replicating so I shouldn't expect it in Madden '19, but it's still just frustrating to see the same broken wind mechanics of years past.

It's also probably a safe bet that franchise mode will be completely messed up by wind. In Franchise mode in years past, wind speeds would almost always be 8-12 mph in every game, in every outdoor stadium, and they'd always blow endzone-to-endzone, every time. It'd make special teams completely broken in franchise mode, and there was no way to just turn off the wind (Which would at least make the game more realistic). So, I'm expecting to the see the same again this year. It's a bug I've reported in the Bugs thread every year, making numerous threads/posts about it, and it just drives me batty that it's still present every year.

Last edited by Rebel10; 07-25-2018 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:45 PM   #28
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

With this being a final build, it looks like the knocked-knee'd lineman & tight ends approaching the line of scrimmage pre-play are a 'thing' this year. So whose idea was it to have Kenny The Jet Smith do the motion-cap for this? This never made an appearance in M25, M15, M16, M17 or M18. This ish looks stupid & goofy as hell.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:47 PM   #29
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
With this being a final build, it looks like the knocked-knee'd lineman & tight ends approaching the line of scrimmage pre-play are a 'thing' this year. So whose idea was it to have Kenny The Jet Smith do the motion-cap for this? This never made an appearance in M25, M15, M16, M17 or M18. This ish looks stupid & goofy as hell.
Yeah it doesn't look great, but I'm just glad they finally took away the robotic way everyone got set and moved towards the line. Bad news is it probably won't be touched again for a couple years.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-25-2018, 02:48 PM   #30
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Most of it looks pretty good. I see a lot of improvements but I'm really worried about the CPU running game. It seemed to bit hit or miss last year. Maybe this can be helped with sliders.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:49 PM   #31
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Nope, dont have the time or want to show that. Been playing Madden for ever. Thats all the data I need. Just trying to help the community. Feel free to provide that data though.

To be fair this is one of the less 'wacky' slider theories around , and makes sense ,as this slider essentially replaced the RB ability slider Madden used to have ,
I agree for what it's worth
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2018, 02:50 PM   #32
Rookie

Otis1kanobe's Arena

OVR: 0

Still can’t adjust length of striped socks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »