Home

What team are you going to use in CFM for Madden 19?

This is a discussion on What team are you going to use in CFM for Madden 19? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2018, 02:38 AM   #9
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What team are you going to use in CFM for Madden 19?

Houston Oilers. I do not know who I am moving, but they will be the Oilers.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:19 AM   #10
Rookie

Cardinals. My team plus rookie QB and WR.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:53 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 1

My home team the Colts

Then a few random ones.

Maybe the Giants. With Odell back and Barkley drafted, how much can I get from Eli before having to draft a QB for the future.

Browns. Got alot of nice young pieces. Interested to see how they develop and if I can afford to keep them all long enough to win

Rams. Almost instant contenders on the game. Will be fun to see if it happens that quick in the game

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2018, 08:14 AM   #12
Rookie

I’ll be choosing the Eagles as I do every year, though with a different outlook this year that’s for sure.

I’ll probably manually adjust the player contracts to simulate the real Eagles cap situation. (The Madden included salaries are usually inaccurate because they don’t differentiate between guaranteed money and signing bonus). Then I’ll try to repeat as Super Bowl champions while also trying to bring in more youth in an attempt to prepare for the 2019 salary cap crisis that they’ll face. (Currently set to be $30 million over the cap).

The tough part will be deciding on some of the big free agents/over-paid contracts (Brandon Graham, Jay Ajayi, Jordan Hicks, Rodney McLeod, Ronald Darby, Mike Wallace, Nick Foles, Timmy Jernigan, and some other role-players). Some will stay but others will probably have to be replaced to cut costs. I’ll also have to fill the spots of a couple likely retirements like Jason Peters, Darren Sproles, Haloti Ngata, and Chris Long.

This will be probably the first year in a long time that I’ll be maintaining a high performing expensive roster rather than cleaning house and rebuilding with a young, cheap, initially low performing roster. Should be an interesting challenge. I’ll probably set some house-rules for myself when it comes to contract negotiations to help keep it challenging/realistic (like no signing promising 21 year olds to cheap 7 year contracts).

Oh, and along the way I’ll probably try to help Darren Sproles rise higher on the all-time all-purpose yards list. Madden doesn’t track that stat, but I’ll be keeping an eye anyway - he needs 16 yards to pass Steve Smith for 7th, 26 to pass Marshall Faulk for 6th, 518 to pass Tim Brown for 5th, and 2,400 to pass Emmitt Smith (probably won’t happen) for 4th.

Last edited by Jimbo12308; 08-01-2018 at 08:26 AM.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:33 AM   #13
Rookie

The jags. Waited a long time for them to git guf. Gonna trade dareus for 2 reasons. Cap space and a young infusion of talent. Maybe to cowboys for jaylon smith. Really liked the kid coming out of college. Gonna ride the bortles train until i can draft replacement. Defense is a monster. Cant freakin wait
Old 08-01-2018, 08:39 AM   #14
Rookie

Always do the Lions, my favorite team. With the custom draft classes i will do one by myself with a QB needy team and draft either Brain LeWerke (Mich St.) or Jake Bentley(So. Car) and try to make one of them a franchise QB.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:53 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm a hopeless loyalist. I've only ever been able to play my own teams in games...that means it's the SKOL squad again, and we should be absolutely loaded.

It may present a good challenge to try and navigate our recent moves and spending in order to sure up a still mediocre O-Line in the first few seasons. I look forward to that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2018, 09:06 AM   #16
MVP

YogiGarebear89's Arena

Going to use the Giants, my favorite team. Going to create a QB for the player portion of it just to give the "missing link" to our offense
Romans 8:31, The Apex Predator Mentality

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »